Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ryne Sandberg is the new 3rd base coach for the Phillies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
He will also be the infield instructor.

Nice to see him back in the bigs.

One step closer to manager.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Good for Ryno but it just never seems right when a player spends most or all of his career with one team then ends up coaching or on coaching staff of another :-| The cubs couldnt find a job for him?? Well he was a Philly 13 games in his career.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Ryno would've been a distraction. He had a great run in the minors but could never harness his anger. I am all about managers proving a point and taking up for players but he took it to a whole new level. There was a stretch in the minors where players could not benefit having him as manager due to the fact that he was spending as much time in the clubhouse as the dugout. A great person to the fans, though. I love the Cubs and initially thought having him manage the big club would be great. After seeing his antics in person I changed my mind.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Good for Ryno, bad for my autograph collection, lol, seeing as the Iron Pigs were the closest minor league park to my house... I hope they at least bring in another exMLBer, someone who I can start a new collection of.

Members online