Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Classy Braves Fans!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
What a bunch of losers! Is this how you want Larry to remember his last game.....crap all over the field. And it's not a playoff game, it's a play IN game, just like the Tuesday game in the NCAA tournament.

LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
It was like a food fight in middle school. Once that first sandwich is chucked it's just automatic. In the end you can't commit 3 errors and expect to win.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As a guy who's not a fan of either team, I think this game further confirmed two things:

1. Atlanta fans are the worst PRO fans in the Country.

2. The Cardinals are THE luckiest team in Pro Sports of the last 10 years. The NY (football) Giants are up there on that list, but man have they escaped some really tight spots. Granted, they're clutch but that level of luck has to run out sometime, doesn't it?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
As a guy who's not a fan of either team, I think this game further confirmed two things:

1. Atlanta fans are the worst PRO fans in the Country.

2. The Cardinals are THE luckiest team in Pro Sports of the last 10 years. The NY (football) Giants are up there on that list, but man have they escaped some really tight spots. Granted, they're clutch but that level of luck has to run out sometime, doesn't it?

Braves fans were really disappointing tonight but calling them the worst pro fans is kind of funny. The Philadelphia fans are by far the worst.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I didn't see it, but if throwing trash on the field is how you judge a fan base, then the Cubs fans and Philly fans are at the top of the list.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I didn't see it, but if throwing trash on the field is how you judge a fan base, then the Cubs fans and Philly fans are at the top of the list.
Yep, a solid majority of Cubs fans turn into drunken ******** at games for sure.

Oh and screw the Cardinals, I'm sure they'll pull some bs miracle and end up in the WS again. But Ill digress before I go into all out ******* Cub fan rage.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Braves fans were really disappointing tonight but calling them the worst pro fans is kind of funny. The Philadelphia fans are by far the worst.

I didn't mean their behavior just by itself, but their support or lack of, etc. is what I meant...

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta fans are nowhere close to worst fans in pro sports.

How are the NY Giants lucky?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Atlanta fans are nowhere close to worst fans in pro sports.

How are the NY Giants lucky?

IF the Atlanta fans aren't the worst, they're definitely in the Top 3. Not their behavior alone, but their empathy, supporting Visiting teams, empty stadiums, teams leaving, etc...

And the Giants were two dropped Dallas passes away from not even making the Playoffs either time they won the SB and then got the benefit of some Putrid opponents' play at home, missed short FGs, bad penalties, etc. on their way there.

Both the Cardinals (baseball) and Giants did play Clutch, no Question, but the disproportionate level of Luck helping them was just crazy...

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX

Agree 100% about Philly Fan.

1. Boo Santa Claus
2. Boo Mike Schmidt
3. Cheer as a motionless Michael Irvin lay face down on the turf.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Not a mention of the fact that it was an absolute dogXXXX call that prompted the trash throwing in the first place?

Kind of funny that it took 15 posts before someone finally mentioned this. It was an absolute dogXXXX call. I'm not cool with throwing things on the field but if it is going to be done, this poor call by the ump merits it.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
As a Braves fan, I'm accustomed to being told we're some of the worst fans in baseball because "we" don't support our team after 2 decades of almosts and oh damns. While I find it "trashy" to throw anything on the field, the fans backed the team for once I guess.

Truthfully, I've never seen anything like that in ATL. I think it was just the emotion of the night...Chipper's farewell on top of the memories of the 2010 Playoffs (Brooks Conrad), 2011 10 game lead blown, and now the 2012 "call." It was just a compounded night.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Kind of funny that it took 15 posts before someone finally mentioned this. It was an absolute dogXXXX call. I'm not cool with throwing things on the field but if it is going to be done, this poor call by the ump merits it.

I thought it was Chipper that blew the game with his play?? I need to watch it, I missed the game :oops: Buddy text me and said Chipper Blew it.

Members online

Latest posts