Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone really care about the new TD record Brees set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Geeze you would think it was the equivalent of Hank Aaron passing Ruth's HR mark or Ripken passing Lou Gehrig. I didn't even know who held that record until a week ago. At least they didn't stop the game and have a ceremony on the field lol.

I think it's neat to break a record that's been around that long. If you break it down he has thrown a touchdown every game for almost 4 years. I think its does compare well to dimaggio as far as doing it every game. or Equate that to a pitcher having 47 straight quality starts. Football isn't as staty as MLB but this is an awesome streak. I don't think we will truly grasp it till it ends.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Baseball is a game of stats and records.

Football is a game of rings.

Football has some important stats, but this is not one of them. Congrats to Brees, but it's not going to be in his top-10 for his career of noteworthy items.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I find it to be a statistically impressive anomoly, much like if a basketball player played 40 games with a made freethrow in each, or a ball player (infielder) who threw someone out at first base 50 games in a row. Statistically cool? Sure, meaningful in any significant way? I do not think so...

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Al Michaels saying this was akin to DiMaggios streak was a joke.

Impressive yes. Do it another 4 seasons.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
I think it's neat to break a record that's been around that long. If you break it down he has thrown a touchdown every game for almost 4 years. I think its does compare well to dimaggio as far as doing it every game. or Equate that to a pitcher having 47 straight quality starts. Football isn't as staty as MLB but this is an awesome streak. I don't think we will truly grasp it till it ends.

I agree Clint.
The fact that the record was over 50 years old speaks volumes.
Flashy? Maybe not so much. Impressive? You bet your arse!
Some of the comparisons being tossed around here are simply ridiculous.
David

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I think it is meaningless. Who cares, wow he threw a td pass in 5 straight games to start the year and break the record. The result was 1win....

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I think it is becoming a passing league nowadays, I think it will be broken again in the future, unlike Ruths and Gehrigs records, both may never be reached again.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Any team but the Saints and this would be big headlines . Glad he did break the record but I find it hard to compare older games to this era .

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Should we take all of emmit smiths yards away in games he didn't win? Losing games take nothing away from the feat.. If anything it adds to the feat knowing that his offense continues to function at a consistent level while the defense is in shambles!

Never said losing takes anything away from the feat, it does show that the feat is just a meaningless individual record. Which is why I don't care.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I think it is meaningless. Who cares, wow he threw a td pass in 5 straight games to start the year and break the record. The result was 1win....

and with their defense, he'll have to throw more td passes in games to get a 2nd win.

why did i pick cam newton over him in my fantasy league this year? should've stuck with brees again.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
and with their defense, he'll have to throw more td passes in games to get a 2nd win.

why did i pick cam newton over him in my fantasy league this year? should've stuck with brees again.[/
QUOTE]

With all due respect......because you are dumb.

Members online

Latest posts