Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

is this a test proof card? says resricted issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I know this is a football card but figured this is the quickest way to get my answer. I bought a Joe Montana collection and came across this card in there. it says restricted issue but looks like it may be some kind of test proof card or something... just wanted a little help identifying it and maybe getting a possible value. thanks
IMG_3736.jpg

there is no gold on the card & no stadium club in the circle

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Does it say restricted issue on the card, or only where someone wrote it on a sticker? My guess is that its just a printing error, but I'm not an expert on this set or sport by any means

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Does it say restricted issue on the card, or only where someone wrote it on a sticker? My guess is that its just a printing error, but I'm not an expert on this set or sport by any means

doesnt say restricted issue on the card, at least not that I can see

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
No foil, nothing more.

Not a specific test or "restricted" issue...but a fairly common misprint. It's interesting, but nothing of more than an oddball value premium of a couple bucks.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It's not from the 50-card Pre-Production set that was baseball-only and had Jose Canseco on the back of every card. It's an unreleased proof set. They aren't super rare but still get a premium for stars.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
1991 Stadium Club baseball had a lot of unfoiled cards backdoored. My LCS back in Poughkeepsie had an inch-thick stack of uncut sheets of series 1, unfoiled, and I saw numerous oversized cards for sale back then with no foiling, and I always assumed they were from uncut sheets just cut to the border of the photo, which was a few mm wider than the normal card size. I would suspect this is something similar. I think I remember seeing unfoiled football before, but it's been a long time.

Members online

Latest posts