Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else collect pins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
As if I don't collect enough stuff already...

When I go to a stadium I've never been to before, I always look for a pin of the stadium. There's always team logo pins, but I look for pins that feature the stadium. If I can't get a pin, I go for a t-shirt of the stadium. Sometimes, I get both if I like what I find. Been able to add a few in the past couple of years, and thought I'd scan for fun.

pins1-1.jpg

The Big Apple pin is from Shea, so I'll have to get a Citi Field one sometime. The Astros pin that scanned so fuzzy has the train from the outfield on it, and it slides across. Pretty cool. The Cards/Cubs pins was bought at Wrigley during a Cards/Cubs series, so I guess I need to get to St. Louis for one and see what they have. The Montreal pin is there to represent my visit to Olympic Stadium. There were no cool pins of that place.

Then of course, I end up getting pins of players, places and other stuff along the way. Maybe some of them will be familiar to you.

All Star Game/Fanfest pins.

pins1.jpg

Twins pins

pins7.jpg

Mark McGwire/Cardinals pins. The Gold 500th HR and the Ozzie were Busch Stadium exclusives.

pins6.jpg

Anybody else have these?

pins3_0002.jpg

Do they still have ESPN Zones?

pins2.jpg

And other places (Montreal again)...

pins.jpg

Anyone have pins of their own to shsow off? I also have the original four sausage race guys on a Brewer hat. They made these before introducing the fifth one (chorizo) so I don't have one like it of him. I'll have to scan those guys, too.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I have a collection of vintage Miami Hurricanes pins, some Braves stuff, a Frank Thomas collection, and a bunch of miscellaneous sports pins that I throw into packages when I sent of cards and memorabilia to other collectors. I recently finished a pretty tough exchange set from 1995.

1995PinnaclePinsCompleteSet.jpg

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
1994 little league my team was 1 game away from going to Williamsport. Trading pins was a huge thing and I had a lot and I loved those pins but lost them in a move somehow. Something I can never replace too.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I didn't until I saw this thread. I love that Stadium Club pin. I still have my band pinback pins (or badges, please) from back in the 80s and wear one or two occasionally. But these cloisonne pins are much nicer and I'll be watching out for some.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I only have one baseball one and its one for the first game at Target Field against the Red Sox. When I played soccer though pin trading was a big deal. We would trade our own team pins with other teams. I have some from Costa Rica, England, Canada, and Alaska. Not bad for being a Nebraska/South Dakota kid

Members online

Latest posts