Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New and Improved Pacific Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
As many of you know, a couple years back I started my adventure of collecting Pacific brand baseball and football from 1996 to 2001 (2002 in football). This was brought on by my love of the inserts from the 90s and Pacific was the most innovative card company ever with their inserts and designs.

After about 2 years, I decided to streamline a little bit. It was overwhelming to see (4) 5000 count boxes of stuff that needed sorted and organized. It was also overwhelming to see that certain sets (2000 Prism baseball comes to mind first) that have 19 different parallels.

I realized that as a collector, I would never be able to feel the gratification of "completing" a master set. So I started to just do insert sets. But I just wasn't getting the thrill of picking up that Tom Goodwin Premiere Date /32 that I thought I would.

So I decided to scrap EVERYTHING that was base and inserts and collect the GU/Patches/Autographs from baseball and football.

This has proven to be perfect. I can add great pieces to my collection and still feel like I am taking steps forward to completion.

Football takes precedence, as they are more readily available and don't go for an arm and a leg (a 2001 Private Stock Mark Mulder patch went for $40+ last month).

According to Beckett, there are 3007 cards that are Football GU/Autos. I am currently at 696 different ones, with a book value of just over $11K. It's just less than 24%, which is lower than I thought it would be.

Google doc with my up-to-date spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgMWcdV47HsjdF9pa0RGU1NBdnpBT3JFRHIxNUVWNWc

Photobucket with scans:
http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae50/pacificlover/

If anyone has Baseball Patches (only have like 1/2 dozen of them) or any football that I may need, please let me know.

Thanks and happy collecting.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I actually have alot of the inserts, but did dump alot of it also.

Thanks Torrance. it's nice to get back in the swing on here.

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
I still have that 1998 Crown Royale Kerry Wood Firestone on Baseball auto /8 if you're interested... :)

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
IGNITION!!!! Totally forgot about that! Been away for a while. Let me find those darn inserts and lets get a deal done!

Sruchris, I will take a look.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
And I still have a patch I found at Nats for you last year, Eddie. FML. :benson:

Members online

Latest posts