Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the rationale behind this ebay buyer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stryk

Aug 7, 2008
Just had this happen and I don't understand the rationale behind this ebay buyer. I put a card on this morning that routinely sells for right about $80.00 on a 3 day auction. I put it up for an opening bid of $71.95 with a Buy It Now of $79.95. Shipping is only $1.00. There is another copy of the card up on ebay for $99.95 BIN w/BO option. Both are graded PSA 10. Well the card is on for 1 hour and I gets a bid at $71.95. After I get the bid the bidder has messaged me twice asking for me to end the auction for $75.00 delivered as she is trying to get this as a gift for her husband that she needs by next Weds. What I don't understand is why did she not just use BIN for $6.00 more, pay immediately and probably get the card in time. Now if I say no, I will let the auction run, she is already on the hook for $73.00 and the card will not end until Monday afternoon which would probably be too late for delivery on Weds? I just don't get it. I will be happy with the $71.95 that's why I started the auction at that price and I would have probably let her have it for $75.00 if she would have messaged me before bidding. I will probably do the nice thing and still give it to her at that price, but really what do I have to gain by doing this?

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
Maybe the buyer doesn't have that much eBay experience ? Maybe she bid and then thought oh crap I should have done this differently ?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Or tell her to pay you PayPal direct & you'll end the auction once you receive payment

Forget.....tell her to take a picture of the card from the eBay auction she may win, and put it in a birthday card, give the birthday card to him while wearing a sexy nightie and he at least will not be disappointed, she did not get the card for him in time :D

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Forget.....tell her to take a picture of the card from the eBay auction she may win, and put it in a birthday card, give the birthday card to him while wearing a sexy nightie and he at least will not be disappointed, she did not get the card for him in time :D

This assumes she is something to be seen in a sexy nightie.

Members online

Latest posts