Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UD Goodwin Civil War Relic museum redemption cards WOW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
It is not what is inside but that UD had taken the shadow box card to another level. It really widens the spectrum of memorabilia that can be included.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The value of these will be disproportionate to the sum of their parts, just like baseball cards with cut autos and bat barrels and whatnot. The problem is that it takes so long for them to assemble these things. How long do the Entomology cards take? If they could just make a few thousand of these and pack them our for $50 or $100 a pop, they'd sell through in no time.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
It would be nice that these cards were available when the packs hit instead of 4 months after when the hype has worn off.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
No confederate flag pieces? Disappointing, I was going to go after one of those.
Lmao only someone from Arkansas would go after that. I personally would also but I just happen to be from SEMO LMAO. Sucks I dont get to go down there again this year, we usually go down for Thanksgiving but my 90 year great grandmother decided she wants to go to Florida on Thanksgiving.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
The value of these will be disproportionate to the sum of their parts, just like baseball cards with cut autos and bat barrels and whatnot. The problem is that it takes so long for them to assemble these things. How long do the Entomology cards take? If they could just make a few thousand of these and pack them our for $50 or $100 a pop, they'd sell through in no time.

Sure this will be done soon. If UD can buy up relics cheap. Shadow box card them in nice card like holders. Put one in box along with other stuff and sell out at $150 a box. When they can produce them for $20-$30 a pop. No brainer we will see more down line. Will be interesting what these museum type relics get on open market when they go live.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Another thing I like about these cards is no memorabilia had to cut up or destroyed to make them.

srstetler

Apr 2, 2010
Maryland
UD did a bang up job on the presentation. Amazing. I wonder what's mentioned on Civil War collector’s websites about this redemption. Honestly, do they even acknowledge this UD product as a resource for collecting? Not sure you take one of these shadow boxes to The Antique Roadshow for appraisal. What's next vintage Star Wars action figure redemption cards?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Another thing I like about these cards is no memorabilia had to cut up or destroyed to make them.

Biting sarcasm?

Or did guns during the Civil War only have hammers, flags only in tiny sections, etc.?

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
UD did a bang up job on the presentation. Amazing. I wonder what's mentioned on Civil War collector’s websites about this redemption. Honestly, do they even acknowledge this UD product as a resource for collecting? Not sure you take one of these shadow boxes to The Antique Roadshow for appraisal. What's next vintage Star Wars action figure redemption cards?

A star wars set with awesome sketch cards, autos and redemptions for graded vintage figures would probably sell out in about 10 seconds to star wars collectors.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I think they look fabulous! I don't consider them cards (for obvious reasons), but they are very creative memorabilia redemptions (crazy expensive to make - maybe as much as they are selling for!)... BG

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I think they look fabulous! I don't consider them cards (for obvious reasons), but they are very creative memorabilia redemptions (crazy expensive to make - maybe as much as they are selling for!)... BG

I agree. They are more shadow box-esque but they are still stunning.

Sure, the actual stuff inside isn't all too valuable (heck, I picked up a cut sig of a civil-war vet for under $10) but it's the presentation is what is fascinating to me.

I'd love to grab one of those flag cards

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Biting sarcasm?

Or did guns during the Civil War only have hammers, flags only in tiny sections, etc.?

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

Aside from the flag. Gun hangers are commonly found by themselves by relic hunters with metal detectors.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
why a piece when i have the whole musket !!! darn Yankee carbetbaggers
Picture086-1.jpg

Members online

Latest posts