Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who was the fake auto on your first baseball glove?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Did this topic years ago and it was fun.

My was Ron Guidry around 1984 or so.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
My first glove didnt have a name as it was a generic leather glove (Not that vinyl crap) that we my parents bought for me. It was red leather and I had it for a number of years and by time I replaced it, it's laces were mostly shoe strings. My first bat was a Mickey Mantle model Louisville Slugger. I wish I had that one back.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Lance Parrish.

The signature on my first give was Dwight Gooden circa 1986. I drove my parents nuts when they where glove shopping. I just wouldn't settle for Strawberry. Three stores later a find a Gooden glove.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Last edited:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I had a good leather glove with Sammy Sosa's name in it. I used that thing up through middle school. It was a great glove. I had it oiled many many many times.

I also had one with Eddie Murray's name in it but I believe I left it at the ballpark after the game.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Can't remember my first but my favorite was a mizuno pump glove that I won at a baseball camp for the best infielder in the camp.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
rawlings real leather, mike schmidt auto

doesn't fit on my hand really well now all these decades later but I can still use it.

Members online

Latest posts