Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012-2013 NCAA Hockey Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Was at the BSU game tonight. Believe it or not, it was my first ever hockey game (of any level). BSU lost to Lake Superior State.

It was a fun time though. We sat first row behind the team on center ice.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
'Twas kinda hoping that this would get some posts flowin'... I guess not.

Anyway, MSU (the worst team in the WCHA) took down Minnesota tonight. Quite the game.

EDIT to add: This is also MSU's first WCHA win. What a better way than to take down the #2 team?

Last edited:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
BSU should have 4 easy wins ahead of them (just looking at quick schedule on the website).

I'd love to go to the games at MSU, maybe I can make it over.

I also got an SCSU game jersey in the mail yesterday.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Mankato sweeps Wisconsin.

BSU beats Alaska-Anchorage. Their Zamboni broke down on center ice and wrecked part of it. It was a good extra 20 minute delay or so.

UofM beats Vermont, but that's not really a surprise.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
UNO beat Minnesota 3-2

UMD over Michigan Tech 4-1 (Not certain on the score)

MSU over BSU 3-0 (OUCH!)

I wanted to go to the MSU/BSU game tonight but didn't get a chance... Can't go on Sunday either. Oh well

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
My goodness. Mankato is absolutely tearing up the WCHA.

They are currently tied for 2nd.

They have a shot at having the second place all too themselves if all the pieces fall into place tonight/tomorrow.

Lally1

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
UND tied for 5th..as a student there i attend every home game. If any of you ever have the chance to attend a game at the ralph engelstad arena, i HIGHLY recommend it.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
What a difference a new coach makes... I knew the Mavericks always had some good kids on the team, they could just never produce or stay out of the box!! UNO tore them up last night, but they've got a fairly easy schedule coming up again so hopefully can pile on some more wins. Would be nice to see them in the last real Final Five.

Some of my Mavs collection (with a couple other former WCHA'ers and Ryan Miller):

Hockey Photos by tunahead08 | Photobucket

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
UND tied for 5th..as a student there i attend every home game. If any of you ever have the chance to attend a game at the ralph engelstad arena, i HIGHLY recommend it.

UND is starting to look scary right now and tearing it up! And I can't agree more, Engelstad Arena is the nicest arena I've been to. We went there with our Mavs jerseys on one year, and the fans there were still extremely nice to us! A bit different than when you travel to Mariucci...

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
What a difference a new coach makes... I knew the Mavericks always had some good kids on the team, they could just never produce or stay out of the box!! UNO tore them up last night, but they've got a fairly easy schedule coming up again so hopefully can pile on some more wins. Would be nice to see them in the last real Final Five.

Some of my Mavs collection (with a couple other former WCHA'ers and Ryan Miller):

Hockey Photos by tunahead08 | Photobucket

You're an MSU fan?

Awesome!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

I'll be at the Ralph soon enough, hopefully within the next couple years.

I was at Sanford Center really early in the season... I can't wait to attend games as a student. I'm also very eager for UMD/UW-Superior

The school I go to now is an NSIC school, and the city approved a brand new hockey complex in November. I won't be attending by the time it's completed, but my fingers are crossed for a WCHA team.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
You're an MSU fan?

Awesome!

Yeah I went to high school in Mankato, and my folks still live there. I go back to Minnesota every March for a week to spend time with them, and then to watch the WCHA Final Five. Had Mavs season tickets from 2000 through 2004, then I moved to Minneapolis for a bit, and then to Texas. Still follow the Mavs on the radio or video streams!

Members online