Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why the heck is Lincecum coming out of the bullpen in the NLCS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Ok, I get why he was in the NLDS...he had a horrible season....but his proven track record PLUS his performance in the NLDS flat out deserves a starting nod in the NLCS. Plus he shut down the Cardinals tonight. Bochy is an idiot if he does not start him Game 4.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Ok, I get why he was in the NLDS...he had a horrible season....but his proven track record PLUS his performance in the NLDS flat out deserves a starting nod in the NLCS. Plus he shut down the Cardinals tonight. Bochy is an idiot if he does not start him Game 4.

he can still start game 4 or 5

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Probably Because he was terrible all season and they have other solid options. Since he seems to be pitching well out of the pen I could understand leaving him there for now. I can see both sides of the argument on this one.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
I too was curious why he came out of the bull pen, but it looks like he'll be starting game 4. he has that 2010 post season experience where he pitched phenomenal under pressure, so hoping for big things in his first 2012 post season start!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I too was curious why he came out of the bull pen, but it looks like he'll be starting game 4. he has that 2010 post season experience where he pitched phenomenal under pressure, so hoping for big things in his first 2012 post season start!

Zito was just announced on the radio as the game 4 starter.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Why not. In these type of games everyone is available and should be. So it makes sense to me. Hell I would even ask if any of my position players would like to pitch.