Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why can't 49ers fans realize Alex Smith sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
They have a great defense, great running game good receivers & TE and Alex Smith is the weak link. All the 49ers fans I know swear he's not holding them back. If you ask me he's a please manage the game & don't lose it for us type of QB. & in this offensive powerhouse nfl league that hasn't worked since Baltimore with Trent Dilfer & I don't see it happening again any time soon. It's a QB driven league now with high powered & high scoring offenses.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
He's better than you give him credit for, but yeah, that extension wasn't a very good idea.

And although I really like Kaepernick's upside, I don't think throwing him in halfway thru the Season is a good idea either. I"m still not real sure why they didn't bring in a Veteran, 3rd QB kinda guy, like Orton or Quinn...

jbjints

Jul 19, 2011
Big Blue !! I agree, not sure why they signed him to an extension. Did Harbaugh think he could fix him?

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I honestly would take any other starting QB in the league besides Arizona, KC, & maybe Cle

I like Kaepernick too

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
people paying alot of money for his exquisite and authentic RC's are not going to be happy in 2 years

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
If you are a good QB, your backup would never see the field of play.
I didn't realize how bad he was until I had to use him for my fantasy league, Brees was on the bye week, and I actually had to watch him play.
Not good.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Man, was he putrid last nite...

And can someone remind the Niners' that they have one of, if not THE, best TE in football on their Roster?

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
It's midnight for Alex Smith. I am sure Harbaugh is having dreams of Peyton some nights.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
It's pretty funny that Smith had an historically great game vs. Arizona and I still wouldn't have much faith in him...

And if you haven't seen Harbaugh's response to Smith's critics, it's Thanksgiving-themed. :lol:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Alex Smith may have just lost his job, kaepernick looked pretty damn good in his first ever start against one of the best defenses in the league

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
While it is very possible, I doubt Harbaugh would go with anyone but Smith as long as he is healthy.

especially this year. I think next year Kaep has a very good chance of winning the starting job. I think the Bears were just utterly unprepared for Kaep and hadn't had enough film on him to properly play defense against him, and the defense and running game were both going well.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
especially this year. I think next year Kaep has a very good chance of winning the starting job. I think the Bears were just utterly unprepared for Kaep and hadn't had enough film on him to properly play defense against him, and the defense and running game were both going well.

I think Kaep should get the job next year and just be used in certain situations the rest of this year. Lisu it wasn't just Kaep they weren't prepared for. They weren't prepared for a game at all. They got out coached, out hustled, and just flat out outplayed

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
a thing to worry about if Smith gets his job back, is him trying to do too much to try and keep his job.

TexasHiro

Dec 24, 2010
Alex Smith running tally: Stats after Eagles game in 2010 (Monday Night "We Want Carr" game). 34 Games, 910 Att, 583 Comp, 6710 Yards, 46 Tds, 13 INTs, 97.09 QB Rating. He currently has a 104.1 rating on the season, 3rd best in the NFL behind only Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers. He's completing 70.0% of his passes. He has twice as many TDs in his last 2 games as incompletions. Can we give the guy a break?

Members online