Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just picked up my first game used jersey, anybody else a fan of gamers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I have always been a fan of game used jerseys but never really had an idea of how to acquire one. A few weeks ago after the season, the Everett Aqua Sox advertised on their Facebook that they were selling a select few home game used jerseys. I went to the auction site in the hopes of picking up a Zunino but the left with what I think is one of the top 7 prospects in the Mariners farm system. The last time Seattle had a 17-year-old pitcher in Everett who did this good, he turned out to be a Cy Young winning, perfect game pitcher. While I'm not holding Victor Sanchez up to those standards, I definitely think he has a bright future.

Attachments

• photo(14).JPG
    photo(14).JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 19
  • photo(13).JPG
    photo(13).JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 12
  • photo(12).JPG
    photo(12).JPG
    237 KB · Views: 7

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Had a game used Carl Crawford jersey from the early 2000's,traded it away.Was pretty cool to have though,just a pain to display.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
i have several Hickory Crawdads ,you get to have your picture taken with player and jersey autoed .
BTW : I wear mine

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I could not believe how big it was when I opened it up, it is going to be a definite pain in the ass to frame. I picked it up for an incredible price too.

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I have a few GU items that I absolutely love.
IMAG0490.jpg

Believe it or not, this ball was thrown by Joba Chamberlain to Vernon Wells in 2009. In 2011, I managed to get Wells to sign it. Really want to add Joba to it badly!
Recently picked up a pair of GU bats as well:
IMG_20120930_144105.jpg

Picked up this Camp jersey last year too
IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

Also have a bunch of GU balls, along with a pair of GU JP Arencibia batting gloves. Love game used items!

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Very cool item!
I have a Tommy Hunter (2009 Rookie Year) got it signed at a Fanfest and Neftali Felix (2009 Rookie Year).
The Rangers used to have a dedicated store in the stadium that sold game used merchandise but they removed it last year and I could never find it.
I think they are awesome and well worth finding a place to display them in your home. I think the shadow box frames at hobby lobby are sweet and you can add other items besides the jersey.

I have several NON GAME used items 15+ autographed baseballs (my favorites are all my Texas Rangers, Strasburg, Harper, Hank Aaron, Griffey Jr, Willie Mays baseballs), 4 signed bats (Hamilton, Kinsler, Longoria, Profar), 3 signed jerseys (Hamilton x 2 and Strasburg) and signed Josh Hamilton batting gloves.
The baseballs are on a shelf are easy to display, looking for a better way to display the bats and gloves though.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Nice one to start with. Still burned I never went to any of their games when I lived in Seattle.

My collection consists:
1 Will Clark Giants gamer
1 Eddie Murray Indians gamer
2 Darin Erstad Astros gamers
1 Darin Erstad White Sox gamer
3 Darin Erstad Angels gamers
2 Darin Erstad minor league gamers
1 Bucky Jacobsen Mariners gamer
2 Bucky Jacobsen minor league gamers

Trying to get one of each team home/away for my players.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I prospected with a few Phillies RC jerseys. Before they got really popular in the early 2000s, I bought a Batavia Muckdogs jersey of a kid named CHase Utley for $50, as well as one named Travis CHapman. Turns out the Muckdogs used just 2 jerseys a season - one home, one away. Batavia was the low A Phillies team. I bought Utley's first professional jersey for $50. Had him sign it at a spring training game, and later put it on eBay with the COA from Batavia and sold it via auction for about $1200. The Travis Chapman never panned out, but it seemed he shared a jersey with another guy the year before (they reuse jerseys)... Ryan Madson. Sold that for about $150 or so.

bigbov

Jun 26, 2012
Minoa, NY
Sweet jersey... I really just wanted to say that this is the 1st time I've seen a post of urs and the video in ur sig is just AWESOME.

Members online

Latest posts