Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What ever happened to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mario1975

May 9, 2012
Was just reminiscing about the good old days of collecting and remembering some of the guys that caused a big stir in the industry but quickly faded and was wondering whatever happened to them. As a Yankees fan two that came to mind were Brien Taylor and Kevin Maas. Really sad to hear Taylor never recovered. Apparently had to move back home into the house he had bought for his parents with his million dollar signing bonus and now is heading to federal prison on drug charges. Just sad. At least was happy to hear Maas is doing well. Apparently he's working as an executive in Charles Shwab. Curious to hear who your Taylor and Maas are and what they're up to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Is it sad that I still look up Taylor stuff bi-weekly for my collection of him ?

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Mike Pagliarulo
200px-Mike_Pagliarulo_2011.jpg

Current
  1. Baseball Institute of Development
  2. Baseline Group
Previous
  1. Dugout Central
  2. iScouts, Inc
  3. The Rack

Dan Pasqua

He currently works as a community representative for the White Sox.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
My guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Quinn

I was a Beltran fan because I have his RC that blew up from nothing. Then Quinn hit 2 HRs in his first game and I went to buy his RCs at the shop soon after. Despite not having cable tv, I got to see the debut and the fireworks display after he walked because both games were against the Angels. Currently, I'm trying to obtain all his GU/Autos and 1999 cards and should be pretty close.

Had no idea who he was, when he first came out, until I listed his 2000 Topps Finest rookie which sold for around $100

31FbHO0lPsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/2000-Finest-118-Rick-Asadoorian/dp/B008T2QH8A

It's still overpriced :) my lcs has a nice lil snap tight he kept filling with his cards for me.. Now I wish he had just mugged me instead.

I bought a collection last fall with 10 or so different tek patterns. I was going to see if I could do the run.. But it hurt me deep down to see his name so I buried them in a box outta sight.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
What was with all the hype around Asadoorian based on? Looking at his minor league numbers from his first few years, he wasn't anything remarkable.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Being a Pirate fan for fifty plus years i was happy when local minor league team was low "A" of Pirates . I stocked up on cards of players i got to meet seeing some possible stars :benson:. Years later there was twenty of those starting for other teams but my Pirates only had three . I still keep track of some that are now coaches etc.
My list is large of those that never made it to the majors .

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I never understood the Asadoorian craze, either. He had good numbers in high school, but I think he was selected too high. Being a 1st round pick by the Red Sox was all it took to catapult his Finest RC to orbit on release. I guess being a somewhat limited, high-end card for his first appearance helped. But yeah, way overpriced and probably overrated as a player, too.

I liked Mike Stoner. He crushed A-ball as a 24-yo in 1997, and his 1998 RCs were my major sleeper pick that year. They never woke up. I always felt bad for him. He got as high as AAA for 3 different teams with fine numbers, though apparently limited by some circumstance (injury? personal issues?), and never spent a day in the majors. That plus the name.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
It's still overpriced :) my lcs has a nice lil snap tight he kept filling with his cards for me.. Now I wish he had just mugged me instead.

I bought a collection last fall with 10 or so different tek patterns. I was going to see if I could do the run.. But it hurt me deep down to see his name so I buried them in a box outta sight.

This specific card, being owned by Burbank, I'm surprised its still not listed at $100....:D

Members online