Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What changes does "your team" HAVE to make in the offseason?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Provided they aren't still alive in the playoffs.

For example, who HAS to go? Or who NEEDS to be brought up?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Dodgers I feel just need some time to play together. They had spurts of greatness, then long droughts of awfulness. I think it all comes to getting to know and trust in what each other can do. Maybe a line up change wouldn't hurt. Moving Ethier up to second, and keeping the line up lefty-righty all the way down would be a nice strategy. Pitching we aren't lacking, maybe Lilly needs to go, Brandon League was a nice pick up. Beckett looked good while playing for the Dodgers. Billingsley has been so hot and cold it is ridiculous. So far that is what I see.....

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think we need to address the amount of strikeouts on our team. Between Chris Davis, Mark Reynolds, Adam Jones, Matt Wieters, Robert Andino, Wilson Betemit, and JJ Hardy they combined to strikeout 875 TIMES this year and when you throw in a couple months of Jim Thome, it made for some very frustrating times during the season.

What stinks is Betemit is under contract for next year. Mark Reynolds probably played the best defense at 1st in the entire AL the second half. I would totally pick up his option if he was hitting close to 40 HR a year but he was BRUTAL at the plate this year outside of his hot streak for 2 weeks in early September. He's the one that has to go b/c Jones, Wieters, Davis, and Hardy are not going anywhere. I doubt Thome will be back. It'd be nice if we could traded Betemit for a nice OBP/contact guy and keep Reynolds. But I just don't see it happening.

Also, I'm not sure if McLouth is our answer as the starting LF but he will surely get his shot. Unless we go out and sign someone like Josh Hamilton.

As far as the rotation goes, why mess with a great thing? Chen, Hammel, Gonzalez, and Tillman should be locks. Let Britton, Arrieta, Matusz, Saunders, Wada, and slew of others deke it out from within the organization. Maybe we'll find another gem like Miguel Gonzalez.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Brewers need to to completely overhaul their bullpen. I think the offense should be set next year. Keep Corey Hart at first base and find a decent right fielder.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
The Reds need to address the leadoff position in the order. Brandon Phillips is not a leadoff hitter and neither is anyone on the team.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The Reds need to address the leadoff position in the order. Brandon Phillips is not a leadoff hitter and neither is anyone on the team.

I know they are targeting Denard Span. But don't you think Billy Hamilton could take over SS and fill that void?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I know they are targeting Denard Span. But don't you think Billy Hamilton could take over SS and fill that void?

If anything he will play CF. The Reds organization loves Cozart at SS. I just don't think they will plug Hamilton in from day 1 and let him learn. They'll probably send him to Louisville for a while next season.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Is "get healthy" a good enough answer? The Phillies will be back to NL East Champs if Halladay returns to health, Utley starts the season (and stays) healthy, and if Howard can return to semi-mobility. Plus we need a centerfielder. I'd love a shutdown 8th inning guy too...wouldn't mind bringing Madson back to fill that role.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
For the Brewers? Ironically, not many! We have our offense in place with others returning from injury. We need another starter to mix in with Gallardo and the other young guys and some bullpen help.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Padres need to add 1-2 starting pitchers, Peavy returning would be nice. Like BCA said, the Padres need to get healthy as well, used 13 SP's this season.
They need to find a place for Jedd Gyorko, put him at 2B, and have Forsythe move to SS.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Padres need to add 1-2 starting pitchers, Peavy returning would be nice. Like BCA said, the Padres need to get healthy as well, used 13 SP's this season.
They need to find a place for Jedd Gyorko, put him at 2B, and have Forsythe move to SS.

Seriously. It seemed like we had a new starting pitcher every week! Oh, and I hope I can watch some games on Time Warner next year too.

WaxPax

The Mets only need to:

Resign David Wright Long term
Find a real second baseman
Unload Jason Bay & his awful contract and find a left fielder who can hit
Release Torres and find a CF who can hit
Find a catcher who can hit, and back him up with Thole who can not hit, but can catch Dickey's knuckler...
HOPE Johan can stay healthy enough to pitch 200+ innings
Find a Closer who can pitch to an ERA below 5.00
Find a lefty set up man
Non-tender Pelfrey
Release Rauch
Keep Ike Davis out of Arizona during the off season to avoid catching Valley Fever ....again
Teach Lucas Duda how to catch a baseball...with a glove
Hope Parnell can pitch the ninth inning without imploding

....am I fogetting anything ?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
The Mets only need to:

Resign David Wright Long term
Find a real second baseman
Unload Jason Bay & his awful contract and find a left fielder who can hit
Release Torres and find a CF who can hit
Find a catcher who can hit, and back him up with Thole who can not hit, but can catch Dickey's knuckler...
HOPE Johan can stay healthy enough to pitch 200+ innings
Find a Closer who can pitch to an ERA below 5.00
Find a lefty set up man
Non-tender Pelfrey
Release Rauch
Keep Ike Davis out of Arizona during the off season to avoid catching Valley Fever ....again
Teach Lucas Duda how to catch a baseball...with a glove
Hope Parnell can pitch the ninth inning without imploding

....am I fogetting anything ?

... yes ...

Sell the team

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
For the Brewers? Ironically, not many! We have our offense in place with others returning from injury. We need another starter to mix in with Gallardo and the other young guys and some bullpen help.

Starting rotation for next year?

Gallardo
Marcum
Peralta
Fiers
Estrada?

I also saw on ESPN that the Brewers may try for Hamilton.

Last edited:

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
pitching, nuff said. need consistent, reliable, injury free pitching. I'm talking about the twins

Agree 100%. I am hoping that they will make a splash in the free agent market and go after a big name(very doubtful) or at least make a run at a guy the can control for a few years. The more likely thing is that they sign another pitcher or two off the scrap heap.

danboone2006

May 22, 2010
Cleveland OH
The Indians need to trade Perez Choo and Cabrera. Not sign Hernandez/Carmona, Hafner or Sizemore. Brings payroll down to approx $35mill. That gives us $15-20mill to play with.

Sign a back end starter and a position player (LF/1B/DH) with some notoriety. Replace Cabrera with a short term solution until Lindor is ready (2014)

I renewed my season tickets the day Acta was fired, that was the first step in rebuilding this thing.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Cubs need to have a healthy Matt Garza who they then trade for a good return. They should also sign a veteran starter or two who can fill out the starting rotation after Samardzija and a short term veteran who can put up adequate numbers at 3rd base. Other than that, just draft well, hope a few of the young kids like Baez, Jackson, and Almora can develop into something, and keep building for 2014-2015.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts