Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good Buys Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I wanted to start a thread only visible in the Prospector's forum for our eyes only as to everyone's thoughts on good flips both short-term and long-term. If you don't think this thread is worth it or are more apt not to share tell me now and I'll delete it.

Please don't mention this thread outside of here. That goes for any thread in this forum, but I thought we could create a more "insider" discussion on why you think certain guys are good buy/sell candidates.

I'm not really sure where to start myself. I was buying up Baez and Rendon's, but they're getting a little to pricey for the risk. From there I started re-buying Braun chrome autos as long-term investments as the prices have come down. You can get base autos for around 85.00 now. Again, this is more long-term.

Not really sure at this point who I am excited about.

Anyone else?

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
I haven't been around in awhile, but wanted to chime in. I'm not really buying much right now, but one guy I think is great is Domonic Brown. I'm sure everyone has seen the good and bad write-ups on him, but I was even more impressed this season when he came up. I loved the way he was making contact and not striking out. His power decreased, but I feel it will come back.

Two other guys I saw in person a few times and like were Cody Asche and Adam Morgan. Asche might never be a huge hobby hit, but I think he's going to be in the major leagues for a long time and if he gets hot, he might be good flip. Phillies fans are desperate for a third-baseman so his cards could skyrocket.

I really like Morgan and think he is a big time sleeper. Spots his fastball well, and sits in the low 90's. His change-up I really liked. I don't know what scouts grade it at but I personally would put a 65-70. Great deception, late movement and about 10 MPH's slower. Maybe the day I saw him was fluke, but I really liked it.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I read in a scouting report on Mazara. It stated that during short-season ball Mazara would routinely stand out in warmups next to Guzman, Gallo and other young promising players in the Rangers system. For what it's worth.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The Guerrieri Super Auto has returned to eBay - it sold for over $700 the first time. Now has a $2500 BIN/BO.

Really wish I could have afforded it before, because I definitely can't now.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I regret not getting in on Baez. Got in well on Guerrieri though. Hoping that one pays off like I think it will. Bought in on the cheap for everyone.

On a side note. Is this a mod only forum? Never saw it until Chris promoted me last week.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I regret not getting in on Baez. Got in well on Guerrieri though. Hoping that one pays off like I think it will. Bought in on the cheap for everyone.

On a side note. Is this a mod only forum? Never saw it until Chris promoted me last week.

Rule 1: You do NOT speak of the Prospecting Forum outside of here. This forum is for a select group of prospectors/mods and you must be chosen for admittance.

Welcome to the club.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Rule 1: You do NOT speak of the Prospecting Forum outside of here. This forum is for a select group of prospectors/mods and you must be chosen for admittance.

Welcome to the club.

You need not be concerned with that. I don't speak of prospects much, in public. The reason is because I tend to shy away from the names everyone is talking and find guys that no one is discussing at all. Then I follow them and grab a few cards before everyone figures out who they are. I only buy in on the elite guys when I run across some ******* selling cheap or trading them at Beckett value.

Appreciate the welcome. I've been out of the hobby side of prospecting for a couple years. Still follow them closely for our farm systems in a couple of large, dynasty leagues I play

Secret is safe with me fellas.