Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you still buy a card if it has a terrible photo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedsFan2993

Jul 14, 2010
Have you ever been excited when a new set is released to check out your player's card, only to find the photo is absolutely terrible? Do you still bite the bullet and purchase the card? How willing are you to overlook the bad image if it's part of a big set?

I was thinking about this while looking at the Brandon Phillips 2011 Allen & Ginter. Still haven't, and don't know if I'll ever pick that one up.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Have you ever been excited when a new set is released to check out your player's card, only to find the photo is absolutely terrible? Do you still bite the bullet and purchase the card? How willing are you to overlook the bad image if it's part of a big set?

I was thinking about this while looking at the Brandon Phillips 2011 Allen & Ginter. Still haven't, and don't know if I'll ever pick that one up.

I think I have one. I'll send it to if I find it again, since I hate the way it looks. :lol:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Yes...
rooks.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
the only cards I refuse to buy are the 1/1 Leaf sketch cards of Canseco... especially the disgusting Tempy Moore versions. I remember the first one selling for $100 to a fellow board member. I think I praised it enough that he sold it not long after. Now there is no market for these and they sell from 10-50 each time they hit Ebay depending which hardcore collector wants it bad enough.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
I can't stand 2005 Diamond Kings cards (both CWS and DET versions) of Magglio Ordonez but I still chase countless parallels of them for my PC.

Boy, did they make too many parallels for that series... *shudders*

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I do more football products, and I begrudgingly add rookie cards of my guys when they are shown in NFL Combine photos in their Under Armour. Chad Greenway's 2006 Topps cards at least show him in a Vikings practice jersey and shorts.

dp33

Jun 2, 2009
I will pick them up if they're cheap enough, but I would definitely pay a higher premium for a card with a picture I like vs. one I don't like.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
The only terrible photo for me are cards that don't have an actual photo on them. I can't stand the unlicensed stuff with no photos.

Members online