Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is your GREATEST baseball related memory?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
This should be a fun thread with some great stories.

For me it was simply going Philly games with my dad and brother. We were never Philly fans, but the stadium was easy to get to. When I was real young I remember being seated in right field and Daryl Strawberry was on the other team. For some reason (probably just because I was a weird kid...lol) I heckled Straw throughout the game which caught on in the stands. That and always getting a jumbo dog and soda. Good times, good times.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Easter Sunday 1987 - Milwaukee Brewers vs. Texas Rangers

This is infamous in Milwaukee as George Webb's day. Milwaukee was on an 11-0 run to start the season, a run which included the first no-hitter in Brewers history by Juan Nieves. With the Brewers losing late in the game Rob Deer came to the plate and hit a HUGE home run to tie it up. I had box seats and was sitting crouched in my chair praying that the Brewers somehow win this game. Well, Gantner walked, and Dale Sveum walked to the plate....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4kgL-kBBZU

And the city of Milwaukee got free Burgers and tied the American league record for consecutive wins to start the season. My greatest sports memory.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Easy.

Going to Game 1 of the 1990 World Series. Eric Davis' blast was the loudest bat crack I'd ever heard.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Gotta say you have been starting some great topics lately.

my favorite baseball memory is when McGwire broke the HR record. I was supposed be sleeping but I stayed up and snuck to watch the game from the corner. I still remember the goosebumps I got watching that piece of history.

WaxPax

It speaks for it'self .....

86WS.jpg

Last edited:
My wife and I took our boys (18mos and 3) to an omaha stormchasers game this year. It was their first professional game and we had a two hour rain delay but they still managed to make it to he 5th inning.. Each boy got a game used ball the oldest ball was used in a double play from wil Myers to Irving falu to Clint Robinson. It was awesome to see their excitement from getting a ball. We are looking forward to many more games in the future.

gt5717b

Jun 6, 2012
Alpharetta, GA
Game 5 of the 1991 World Series. The whole city was still in euphoria about being in the WS after being such a terrible team for so long. My dad took me to game 5 and the atmosphere was so electric unlike any other baseball game I had ever been to before or since.

Of course the Braves unloaded on the Twins that game 14-5 which made it that much more enjoyable. We won't talk about the remaining 2 games.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
A friends father was the equipment manager for the Yankees here in Tampa.I got to hang out at the training facility during the summer with my friend and his dad.Hit in the cages with Jeter,met every player...being 12/13 at the time it was a experience I will never,ever forget.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
It was the first time, I ditched school and went to Wrigley field all by myself, I took the train into the city and then EL to the park and I bought my own ticket to the bleachers. I was nervous as hell since it was a school day and I was only 13 at the time. A friend was to go with me, but he chickened out.

So when I got on the train I just sat next to an adult, so no one would know I was alone. And when I got to the park, I just started talking to a guy who was about 18 or so and when I got to the window, I just said "ok" I'll see you inside, bought my ticket and then went in.

I was sure someone would ask me why I was not in school. Until I looked around and see it must have been kids day since the park seemed to be filled with school kids.
It was early in the season and they were playing the Cardinals that day, and I think they won too, but truly can't remember since it was about 36 years ago.

So for about 5 years after that I did the same thing on a regular basis. Those were truly the days

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
For me it was playing in the western regionals in little league & finishing 1 game away from moving on to Williamsport.

2nd was signing my letter of intent/ scholarship to play at Sonoma St.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
The Hamilton HR in Game Six of the 2011 World Series his only 2011 post season HR and the one I thought was going to win the Rangers their first World Series.
(Dang you David Freese!)
Watching the Rangers clinch the A.L in 2010.
2012 Opening Day I got to go underneath the Stadium and check out the tunnels and press rooms.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Sitting in the bleachers with a bunch of crazy NY Firemen during game 6 of the 96 WS. I didnt know any of their names, but I always think of those guys on 9-11.

Members online