Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you didn't collect your current player who would you collect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Say for some reason I didn't collect Rickey Henderson who would I collect? Probably Ken Griffey Junior. I was 7 when he came up so I was old enough to watch and he was just electric. Young kid having fun playing baseball. That's exactly what I wanted to do!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Last edited:

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Mine would have probably been Kent Hrbek. Him and Kirby Puckett were my two favorite players growing up but I stuck with my Puckett collection. I also dabbled a little bit with an Albert Belle and Jeff Bagwell collection.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Possibly Miguel Cabrera, although his winning the Triple Crown would throw me out of the loop due to increasing values. I've even had this thought before: if I didn't collect Wright (who I am collecting little of now since I'm focusing on Mantle), it would have been Cabrera.

Maybe Rickie Weeks if not him.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Ricky Henderson, Mark McGwire or Ken Griffey Jr, if spending wasn't an object.

Last edited:

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Josh Hamilton as been my primary player collection as a Rangers fan. I also collect other Ranger autos so I am waiting to pick another player to collect.
Not sure I will focus on a player similar to what I did with Hamilton (70+ auto'ed cards, jerseys, batting gloves, bats, etc)
I also purchased alot of Strasburg autos in 2010 but he doesn't seem to sign anymore, wouldn't mind collecting Harper but his stuff is just to expensive.
Griffey had he stayed in Seattle his whole career and stayed healthy would have been my first choice, but I stopped collecting for 10 years and don't care to collect any of his Reds years.

Last edited:

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Hrbek, Nick Punto or Corey Koskie

I played 3rd base so I liked NP and CK and Hrbek I just like I have a few things of his already

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
If money was no object then it would definitely be Griffey jr.

If money is an object, probably josh Beckett and Scott kazmir. I already collect both but I'd have a mega collection if I put all that focus into them. And with Scott's prices in the cellar and beckett's pretty low too, I'd be having a field day.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Great question. My short list of possible players would include Rick Monday, Ron Cey or Davey Lopes for "older" players and Eric Karros or Orel Hershiser for more current players.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I probably would have collected Joe Mauer from the beginning had he not been so expensive (compared to Denard Span), otherwise it likely would be Torii Hunter since he was my favorite player growing up. I guess it is just something about the Twins CF that gets me to collect them lol

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
If I couldn't collect Spahn anymore I'd love to collect Stan Musial but I'm not sure I have the funds necessary to build a high grade collection. So I think I'd go with Gil Hodges just because I think he has such a great baseball name and he has such a pleasant disposition on his cards. Otherwise I would try to keep it in the family - the Milwaukee Braves family - and go with Eddie Mathews.

Current players...I'd love to collect Frank Thomas but I don't know that I have the time, effort, or funds necessary to assemble such a massive and expensive collection. So probably Austin Jackson. I think he's going to be a stud and he seems like such a positive figure.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I would collect Harold Baines. And I might one day.

Instead player wise....it's mostly Dick Porter, Randy Johnson, Charlie Hough and Shooty Babitt for baseball and Dorin Dickerson in football.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
I'd probably go outside of my favorite team (Go O's!) and would go w/Johnny Bench... Really liked the way he played! Also, maybe Frank Robinson; I think he's very underated as a past player.

Members online

Latest posts