Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Verlander. Any room for growth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
Assuming he finished the Post season with a WS ring and goes 5-0 with the same kind of numbers he has been putting up so far is there any room for his cards to go up or is he already too well established for anything he does to matteR?

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
He will get a bump in prices, but he is looking more and more like and icon for basbeball. Down the road and that is a long was he has a chance to be this generations Ryan, Seaver, Big Unit or Maddux. It will all depend on the final numbers he is able to put up. Look at Roy for Phillies and that is about what his top cards will be.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
He will get a bump in prices, but he is looking more and more like and icon for basbeball. Down the road and that is a long was he has a chance to be this generations Ryan, Seaver, Big Unit or Maddux. It will all depend on the final numbers he is able to put up. Look at Roy for Phillies and that is about what his top cards will be.

Halladay has no where near the amount of rookie cards Verlander does. That's why Halladay's Bowman rc auto gets a premium.

I dont see much more room for growth, honestly. Sure, if he keeps dominating in the playoffs you could see a bump, but once the offseason hits, they will cool off again.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Halladay has no where near the amount of rookie cards Verlander does. That's why Halladay's Bowman rc auto gets a premium.

I dont see much more room for growth, honestly. Sure, if he keeps dominating in the playoffs you could see a bump, but once the offseason hits, they will cool off again.

I agree, unless he were to throw a no-hitter or something crazy in the WS, I don't see his stuff going too much higher. I could see a small increase with another dominant start, but I'd guess it would only be 5-10% from where prices are now.

As far as his trends, I like to follow Verlander's Chrome Autos and some of his other better rookie cards; and from what I saw, his stuff didn't really cool off much last offseason. He was one of those guys that would see a price jump during the season and then drop way off in the offseason every single year, but after his dominant MVP/Cy season last year, most of his prices saw very small drop-off from the regular season. I'm hoping you're right though because I'd love to grab a few nice autos again this offseason. It's always tough to justify paying three times more than you once paid for a guy's cards.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Until there's a huge flood of new collectors, all profit will remain front-loaded.

I suspect that really rare cards may get a nice bump though.

Members online

No members online now.