Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Ripken is grotesque...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Cal-Ri...0965956448?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item19d6161f60

$(KGrHqJ,!ogFBvJtGIbJBQf)jeO-Og~~60_57.JPG

I mean - was that card face even used for relics?

A_Pharis

cause its really nice its fake? I think it is stupid to invest in GU anyways.

Kevin

Because it's on an insert card #'d to 100.
Because it's on an insert card that wasn't used for jumbo patches.
Because it was clearly a hack job with cutting.
But, yes - because it's really nice is why I believe it to be fake.

Are you serious, because it's gotten to the point where I can't tell with you.

Also - not everyone "invests" in sports cards.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
how do you know what is fake and what isn't if the card companies that made the cards don't even know? Who can really say any patch card is real? There
can always be doubt on patch cards. Maybe the bigger question should be how do we know these really came from the players?

Topps, UD , Panini and Playoff have shown enough inconsistency over the year to make any "rule" invalid, and I don't doubt your knowledge of the set
at all, but calling a card fake becuase a patch is just too good or there is some damage doesn't prove anything. Like I said inconsistency in patch usage
is all over the place and the damage could of been done in the pack. That happens a lot.

Kevin

A_Pharis

It's one of these:

$(KGrHqNHJBcE-dPs9M,cBPq,EUk+7g~~60_57.JPG

/50

Glued to the top of one of these:
$(KGrHqV,!k0E+1NP4uN-BQMFifnf1w~~60_57.JPG

/100

With a fake patch in the middle.

It's one thing to have an undocumented GU in a set. Hell, it's even possible to have a patch in what should be a jersey.
It's a complete OTHER thing to have a card face that wasn't used for ANY GU in that baseball set.

Come on, man. Get serious.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I don't get it, the Ripken is a foil card but you show me a white card. If it were the white card cut out wouldn't the back be missing the COA?

A_Pharis

There's no COA shown on the Ripken, Kevin. I showed you the foil card, because it's the same insert used as the face for the Ripken. I showed you the Astros card to give an example of what would have been used for the back #/100.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
So you are saying this card would be very easy to spot as a fake if you had it in hand?

Thanks for the info!

Kevin

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I would have to guess that someone who is familiar with the set would have some concerns with the Ripken if they had it in hand - sure.
You would have concerns from 3 XXXXing miles away!

The Spectrum cards were NOT used for g/u in the 2005 set...period.

The fact that you are even bothering to respond to Kevin's assinine BS offends me.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'm just glad these clowns don't have access to some of the tools I use for customs.

...or a ruler and an xacto knife.

Sent from a handheld, intergalactic communicator.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
the very first thing I noticed was that the word "Authentic" wasn't on the right border and "Game Jersey" or "Game Patch" or whatever wasn't on the left side of the window.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The game used jersey cards always refer to an "authentic" "game used jersey" or "prime jersey" around the jersey window of the front of the card as well. That's the biggest tell of all on this fake.

Members online

Latest posts