Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

anyone else getting a lot of unpaid items lately ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I dont know what the deal is but ive been getting a lot of unpaid items lately and its really starting to piss me off. I just lited an item yesterday .99 with a buy it now of 174.99 i had 8 bids and already like 13 watchers and someone with 0 feedback hit the buy it now. hour later i get a message sorry but can you cancel transaction im new to ebay & didnt mean to buy it.... WTF.guy totally screwed me & now have to re-list and hope my same bidders find it again. Just seems this is happening a lot to me lately I have a hat that ive sold and now re listed 4 times now with non payment 3 times.....

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I dont know what the deal is but ive been getting a lot of unpaid items lately and its really starting to piss me off. I just lited an item yesterday .99 with a buy it now of 174.99 i had 8 bids and already like 13 watchers and someone with 0 feedback hit the buy it now. hour later i get a message sorry but can you cancel transaction im new to ebay & didnt mean to buy it.... WTF.guy totally screwed me & now have to re-list and hope my same bidders find it again. Just seems this is happening a lot to me lately I have a hat that ive sold and now re listed 4 times now with non payment 3 times.....
I have about the same number over the past couple of months. It is about 2-3 out of every 20 don't pay. Post up the ID of the joker that hosed you, I want to block him.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
I was listing 10 items a week, and it was1-2 every week that I had to file an npb. Weird, because it was high feedback buyers not paying.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
seems im getting like 2-3 for every 10 items sold and its getting annoying.

heres the guys ID: longbodyinked1 0 feedback

i just dont see how you accidently buy an item when you have to go to confirm 2 times??? i can understand a bid but not a buy it now

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have been listing a number of items of various message boards BST forums and have been doing real well with those sales. No Ebay fees. No NPB. I may have left a little on the table but I listed my items for what I thought was just below Ebay pricing with free shipping and I have done very well.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
It's think it's definitely gotten a lot worse of late but I have no actual proof - other than anecdotal. Last week I had 10 auctions end, only 7 paid. I don't understand why people bid without any intention to pay.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Since I am getting 10,000 free listings a month I started running a ton of auctions. Way more unpaid items via auction over BIN

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
When RGIII got hurt I had 4 or 5 really nice cards of his ending that Sunday, I had to file NPB on all of them eventually, all paid though.

heartyourlife

Jul 29, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Are you listing with a reserve? If not, my advice would be to start the opening bid a lot closer to the BIN (as long as it's a realistic one) and set the BIN to require immediate payment. Especially since listing fees are free until 2013. If you do have a reserve, I don't know if you can do that or not.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Are you listing with a reserve? If not, my advice would be to start the opening bid a lot closer to the BIN (as long as it's a realistic one) and set the BIN to require immediate payment. Especially since listing fees are free until 2013. If you do have a reserve, I don't know if you can do that or not.

I usually list items Buy it now Obo

But this was a Detroit tigers item so wanted to get more bidders in the mix while they are hot so I started at .99

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
When there's really no consequence for not paying, (unless you get several NPB's in a short time) of course people are going to take advantage of that. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of lost/delayed revenue that big sellers have to deal with.

Latest posts