Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay Search Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Am I right that * wildcards don't work anymore?

For example, a search for "Darvish Bowman Chrome Au*" doesn't return any listings. Whereas "Darvish Bowman Chrome Auto" does.

Huge mistake by eBay if that's the case.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Yeah, same as above poster. I notice most of the issues on searching completed ebay listings, which I use a lot, so it's annoying. So far, the ebay active listings still seem to be searched using the *

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Whats up with the new layout? when im at home there is a new layout and i hate it. When im at work its the old layout. Ive looked for a way to opt out of it but i cant seem to find one.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Here is a fun short test for those interested. Search fotg auto* and fotg auto, this is how I first figured this issue.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The "*" is supposed to be eliminated from searches for good October 29.
Did eBay give a reason? I would think they would want users to use * because it broadens the search results and provides more potential sales.
But eBay management has never really relied on common sense before.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I wonder if they hope that you will spend more time on site? The * save is time but now we will be forced to conduct extra searches etc.......just a thought.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I meant to make a thread about this on several occasions, I am having the same issues as noted above. Especially with completed listings, it is a pain in the butt.

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012
Another thing, I used to love doing the double search criteria when searching for bowman autos. For example, Say I want a Syndergaard bowman auto, I used to be able to search Buy It No>PRice:Lowest to Highest. Now it is either or.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
This is a good thing, I see this as a move to maximize professional sellers who actually know what they're talking about - in order for sellers to maximize their revenue, sellers will have to use the right title. We should see far fewer stupid titles and fewer unprofessional sellers now.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
This is a good thing, I see this as a move to maximize professional sellers who actually know what they're talking about - in order for sellers to maximize their revenue, sellers will have to use the right title. We should see far fewer stupid titles and fewer unprofessional sellers now.
I don't like this as a buyer.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts