Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heath Bell to the D'Backs, Chris Young to the A's, Yordy Cabrera to the Marlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
3 team deal.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Teams announce dbacks get heath bell, a's get chris young (OF) and marlins get 3b prospect yordy cabrera. Obvs $ involved

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Additional - Cliff Pennington is also included, and will go to AZ.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I like it and dislike it. Obviously I know Bell can do better than last year and would've loved to have the Fish get Young, but understandably a deal needed to be done to satisfy the growing unrest of all 21 of the Marlins fans.

Great trade for the A's though.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
As an AZ fan i like it.

I think Bell had a bad year due to frustrations with management and specifically Guillen. He was very dominant in the NL West for the Pads and I think a return to the division will help

With the logjam in the OF, it meant 1-2 guys were/are expendable. Young was a frontrunner due to his underperforming the last two years after his contract year.

Plus, having Pennington isnt a bad thing. Solid defensive guy with an average bat and affordable contract.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
As an AZ fan i like it.

I think Bell had a bad year due to frustrations with management and specifically Guillen. He was very dominant in the NL West for the Pads and I think a return to the division will help

With the logjam in the OF, it meant 1-2 guys were/are expendable. Young was a frontrunner due to his underperforming the last two years after his contract year.

Plus, having Pennington isnt a bad thing. Solid defensive guy with an average bat and affordable contract.

And AZ always seems to be having injuries at the SS position, so depth there will be much appreciated.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
As an A's fan, this trade really surprises me. Cespedes-Crisp-Reddick are all signed through 2013 (at least). I don't see where Young fits.

Crisp may be on the move. Or Cespedes maybe to DH. I like the move by the A's Young is a good player & our middle infield is all clogged up anyways. Also makes more room for Jemile Weeks next year. I'd rather have an extra good player who can play outfield or DH than Pennington

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
So ******* is in for the D-Backs and Grant Green is in for the A's

******* will be the 4th OF. Upton in RF, Eaton in CF, then whichever one of Kubel/Parra isn't traded in LF. ******* as 4th OF.

Not sure I like this trade but whatever, see how the rest of the offseason goes.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
******* will be the 4th OF. Upton in RF, Eaton in CF, then whichever one of Kubel/Parra isn't traded in LF. ******* as 4th OF.

Not sure I like this trade but whatever, see how the rest of the offseason goes.

I dont think Eaton is over *******. ******* has more upside to him.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
I dont think Eaton is over *******. ******* has more upside to him.
Eaton is going to be given the chance. Eaton is the classic leadoff man the dbacks want. ******* will be the 4th outfielder. Pennington allows Bloomquist to be a super utility man. Heath Bell could be a dominant set up man with Albert's, Hernandez, and Putz. Kubel is going to be moved in order to get a 3rd baseman.

Members online

Latest posts