Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pretty cool to me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Had a 2012 Bowman Chrome Vance Worley purpler refractor up on E-Bay this weekend. It got one bid... the buyer... Vance Worley! Pretty cool! I've sold to players family members on occasion, but this is the first time I recall selling to a player himself. Must have used a friends name on the E-Bay account... didn't know until I got the PayPal payment.

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
What was the buyers eBay name? I have heard of many instances of him buying his own cards. Pretty cool! You should ask for an autograph.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
It's his mom's account... wrdub (Vance Richard "double u"). I've become friendly with Vance over the past few years after meeting him through former Phillie Scott Mathieson. He even follows me on Twitter and I have nothing of any value to say. :) I let him know when his cards hit eBay as his mom collects all of them. Steve, you're going to send it to his mom, Shirl, in California. :)

I even told him to put a $30 offer on one of his rare cards from Topps Mini that one of the FCB users had, and the FCB buyer accepted it...

I sent him one of his Gold Metal Razor cards; he's promised to send my son some auto'ed stuff back -- so, we'll see . . . if not, I'll hit him up at spring training and I'll sure he'll hook him up. He's a nice kid.

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
It's his mom's account... wrdub (Vance Richard "double u"). I've become friendly with Vance over the past few years after meeting him through former Phillie Scott Mathieson. He even follows me on Twitter and I have nothing of any value to say. :) I let him know when his cards hit eBay as his mom collects all of them. Steve, you're going to send it to his mom, Shirl, in California. :)

I even told him to put a $30 offer on one of his rare cards from Topps Mini that one of the FCB users had, and the FCB buyer accepted it...

I sent him one of his Gold Metal Razor cards; he's promised to send my son some auto'ed stuff back -- so, we'll see . . . if not, I'll hit him up at spring training and I'll sure he'll hook him up. He's a nice kid.

OHHHH!!!!!!!! and you do have a soft side.......how the hell is this possible your a fracking lawyer for god-sake......Stay strong man.......stay strong. :lol:

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
Thank you for the info, Jeff. Initially, the info from the e-mail sent by E-Bay after the auction ended said "Maricel Vivas" with a shipping address in Philadelphia. I noticed later when I went in E-Bay to "View Order Details" that the name was then "Richard Worley" with a Sacramento address. I e-mailed the buyer asking which address to send it to, but I guess I will send it to the Sacramento one unless I hear back otherwise by tomorrow morning.

By the way, the account was vdubs90rs.

Members online