Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If trading cards no longer existed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
...what would you collect and why? Anyone have any cool sub-collections?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I collect vintage Star Wars toys. I had most of the original 110 SW, ESB and ROTJ figures growing up and then completed the set when I was older. Then I bought most of the spaceships and playsets at shows and later on eBay. I also collect some recent (1995-) stuff from the Original Trilogy, and have a lot of autographs from attending Star Wars conventions in Dallas in the late '90s and early '00s.

I rarely buy Star Wars stuff anymore because I have most of the vintage stuff and it takes up so much space, but I've kept it all and won't sell it, especially the toys I had as a child.

I also collect video games, most of which I find at garage sales and thrift stores like Goodwill.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
The only other semi hobby I have is shooting. Although I don't think that I'd spend as much money on guns as I do cards, esp since I have four already.

If I did, I'm sure the ATF would be kicking in my door already.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
It's an impossible reality I just can not wrap my mind around to formulate a logical answer...

I also collect autograph baseballs and unreleased music. I would probably spend more time hunting for music.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I can see myself getting into collecting Hot Wheels. Started about a year ago buying them for my son because he's into cars, trucks, tractors, etc and I have recently been looking for just the pick-up trucks since I like them!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I also collect autograph baseballs and unreleased music. I would probably spend more time hunting for music.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

I actually have a stellar vintage vinyl LP collection focusing on 1960 - 1970 Rock. It's about 200+/- strong but all are either unplayed/like new or still sealed. Hendrix, Zeppelin, Floyd, Beatles, Queen, ect... It's a pretty extensive and expensive collection. You may be shocked at what some of this vinyl is worth! I also collect, with my wife, cow parade cows. We have about 50 of them now and most are retired/rare. I have a small handful of other collections like comic books, coins, stamps, ect.. but nothing I would consider full blown 'collections'...

I'm just a collector in heart I guess...

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I can see myself getting into collecting Hot Wheels. Started about a year ago buying them for my son because he's into cars, trucks, tractors, etc and I have recently been looking for just the pick-up trucks since I like them!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

This would be a solid hobby, I still have a ton of Johnny Lightning and Racing Champions cars from many years ago. I have a lot of bigger die cast models too.

Members online

Latest posts