Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What changes need to be made to professional baseball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Instant replay? Playoff system? Etc.

What would you change and why?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
playoffs, I like the extra wildcard team but make it a 3 game series.

I like the sound of this. I think the wildcard game brought a lot of excitement to the regular season, but really did not care for the 1 game playoff.

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Use the whole strike zone...limit "out of the box" time...eliminate public funding of stadiums...more daytime playoff games...eliminate the Dodgers, Giants, Diamondbacks, and Rockies.

cards01fan

Sep 4, 2008
I would like the k zone to be shown on every pitch and on a jumbo board in the stadium! Inconsistent strikezones drive me nuts.

rickey5191

May 24, 2011
Play day games like the old days so I can take the kids
Add an extra wild card game every few years that always includes the pirates and the team with the longest drought of playoff games

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
It is a tired argument but I will retread it here. The two leagues really need to equalize their rules, and being an NL guy, I have to say BAN THE DH

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Put an umpire WITH the official scorer, so they can see the same thing. Then expand instant replay, but ONLY by the off-field umpire. None of that stupid "under the hood" nonsense. Make sure ALL camera angles are available. None of that crap we see in the NFL where the announcers and viewers can clearly see the outcome of a play but somehow the refs still get the call incorrect.

On the stadiums, I don't mind public FINANCING, so long as that is a LOAN to the team or the league to be paid back to the city on a concrete schedule, WITH INTEREST.

And if anyone was actually serious about making the K-Zone thing more accurate, really they'd just need to add some tiny sensors into the players uniforms at their shoulders, belt buckle and knees. Instant customized strike zone. It's the bad inside/outside calls that I really hate, not so much the up/down calls.

Last edited:

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
The only thing I'd like to see different with the strike zone is perhaps how it's viewed on tv replay. I'd love to get good replays of exactly how and where the ball crosses/or doesn't cross the plate. However, how it's called in real time should not change in my opinion. The human element is part of the game. Certain umps are tight, others are loose. There are strategies used to try to open up the strike zone by working the edges. All of that adds to the complexity and intrigue of the game.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
The only thing I'd like to see different with the strike zone is perhaps how it's viewed on tv replay. I'd love to get good replays of exactly how and where the ball crosses/or doesn't cross the plate. However, how it's called in real time should not change in my opinion. The human element is part of the game. Certain umps are tight, others are loose. There are strategies used to try to open up the strike zone by working the edges. All of that adds to the complexity and intrigue of the game.
Well said. Agreed.

Members online