Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which autos should I get in my Hall of Fame book?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Quick story....

Senior year of high school (1999), make a deal with my mom that if I get straight As for the entire year, she would send me to the HOF ceremonies in Cooperstown (Ryan, Brett, Yount, etc). Well, I took calculus, which kicked my ass.

As a consolation, she got me this book:

scan0001.jpg

The following year, I went to the Bob Feller Museum and got Feller's auto and have since added 6 more.

Well, planning on going over to Chicago Sun-Times show on the Sunday and trying to decide what autos to get for a total of $200.

Paul Molitor$59
Brooks Robinson$79
Rickey Henderson$119
Eddie Murray$109
Orlando Cepeda$39
Reggie Jackson$99
Rollie Fingers$39
Tim McCarver$59
Tommy LaSorda$89
Bruce Sutter$49
Dave Winfield$79

Opinions?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Brooks, Cepeda, and LaSorda (park at the CTA Metro Lot and walk, that will save you the $7 I'm over). Always get the old guys first, as you'll have fewer chances for them in the future.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Are you just getting HOFers?

I only ask 'cuz a coupla guys on that list are NOT in the Hall. :???:

IF it helps, even though Rickey is the best Player on that list IMO, Brooks and LaSorda used to sign all the time but have slowed down...

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
I'd go with some of the more elderly guys, because you'll probably have less opportunities down the line to get them to sign. I would definitely get Tommy Lasorda and Brooks Robinson. Then I guess you could add Cepeda or Fingers on there for a total of $207.

WNP22

Aug 17, 2009
Memphis
Woops, didn't mean to basically copy you GraceCollector. You posted my exact thoughts as I was writing my post haha

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I'd go with some of the more elderly guys, because you'll probably have less opportunities down the line to get them to sign. I would definitely get Tommy Lasorda and Brooks Robinson. Then I guess you could add Cepeda or Fingers on there for a total of $207.

+1

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Yeah. I had the opportunity to mail the book to Nolan Ryan (co worker hunts with him), but I won't let this out of my sight.

Members online

Latest posts