Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay selling - timing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
It's pretty well accepted that Sunday nights are best times for card auctions to end.

Is that true for everything? I'm listing a bunch of records - should Sunday still be the best time to end them?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Yes, it's not just about cards, it's just that Sundays are when the most people are generally home and able to be on their computers. Best ending time for anything.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
If you are selling high end rare cards it does not matter. With all the sniping out their your item will do fine. If you are selling bowman chrome autos (not refractors) or low end stuff timing is everything. You could be competting against at time 10-20 of the same card so making usre your end at a good time, and a time in which their are not already a few ending is key.

Timing is key....Here is a perfect example.

I got this card for 191.00
02ML.jpg

It usually goes for 350-450

Why did it go for so low??? It ended at 6:30AM Eastern Time. The seller lived in California. The variation of this card is also not well known. It was a variation that looked identical except for the numbering. The seller did not know what he had... :cool:

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Yes, it's not just about cards, it's just that Sundays are when the most people are generally home and able to be on their computers. Best ending time for anything.

Thanks. I thought so, I just wasn't sure. Whenever I buy a record it's on a complete whim, and never really notice when it's ending.

Members online