Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this scan mis-leading? (eBay-related)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I won this auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Bowman...CyTksOwDsxD+AMd8wVQcFgo=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

And what showed up is this:

Image12-1.jpg

Am I being over-sensitive, or was the scan cropped to hide the O/C L/R? Or was this a case of a guy listing a bunch of cards, and this is bound to happen?

I'm not that mad though, FWIW. And I doubt it will effect my FB or that I'll even contact the seller (unless you guys convince me :) )

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think you have reason to be upset.

I dont fault the guy for gang scanning (something we all probably have done at one point) but that scan definitely hides how badly OC that card its

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
My scanner does the same thing, crop the edges of everything no matter what I do. He must have a piece of junk like I do. Doubt someone would go out of their way to crop a $7 auto.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I'd like at the bright side... you got a much better centered card T/B than the picture shows :)

Nah, seriously, I agree, it's too bad b/c of the multi scanned cards and quick crop to do a lot of listings, the seller lost the true image. I'm sure if you wanted your $9.00 back, he'd give it to ya. I've dealt with him and he is top notch in terms of customer service.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I think the benefit of the doubt could/should be given to the seller, however it does not fix the issue of the card being horribly off centered and thus less valuable, a attribute that should have been noted in the listing. I would have no problem if you decided to contact the seller for a refund, in fact I would expect it.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
My scanner does the same thing, crop the edges of everything no matter what I do. He must have a piece of junk like I do. Doubt someone would go out of their way to crop a $7 auto.

Absolutely; it's not malicious by any means.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
No way that was purposeful. If anything, the scan makes it look like it is severely off center top to bottom. No way that's intentional for a $6.75 card.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
IMO it's kind of hard to complain about l/r centering not being as advertised when the scan doesn't show the top of the card at all. It's clearly a bad crop job, regardless of whether or not that was his intent (which I doubt). As the buyer, it's your responsibility to either ask about centering before bidding or else you have to expect the worst.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
If your scan improperly crops a card, turn off automatic cropping and scan the full 8X10 and then manually crop the image. That's what I do because my scanner would pull these shenanigans on certain cards.

Members online

Latest posts