Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Series Game 4 Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Can't believe we haven't had any WS Game discussion threads yet.

Game 4

Cain v Scherzer in Detroit, Giants one win from clinching.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
This may be the saddest day of baseball so I'm hoping for at least a few more days of baseball

WaxPax

We will probably see more of this before the series is over....

320453_295387763895427_851344495_n.jpg

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
As a Tiger fan I don't like seeing them get smoked like that; but as a fan of the game, seeing a sweep is pretty boring and anticlimactic even when game 4 goes to extras.

Game 1 was a blowout (although Sandoval's performance was cool to see), those 2-0 games may as well have been 10-0 with the way Detroit (didn't) hit, and while game 4 was better, it ended fittingly with Cabrera watching a pitch go by, just like the Tigers basically watched the entire series go by.

You have to tip your cap to the team that was hungry and ready to win though, and the Giants definitely earned it.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
If you didn't watch it or you did, and think it sucked and lacked excitement, then you really aren't much of a baseball fan. Making you really, just a fan of a team. Which is fine, just not a baseball fan. Normally, people who complain about a world series or playoffs, are either very young or bitter. Real baseball fans watched it and enjoyed it. Real baseball fans, watch and enjoy meaningless spring training games. Team fans support their team and when they are done, complain about the rest. It's been like this for a long time. If you live in a city that has 2 teams, you hear it all the time. Fans of the team not in the playoffs, tell the fans of the team in the playoffs, they aren't even going to watch. I assume, they think it's going to somehow hurt the fan of the team still playing. And then in the very next season, team A makes the playoffs and fans of team B, remembers it and says, I won't even watch, it's boring, it sucks. I see the same type of behavior in my kids.

I'm an angels fan. My team sucked and choked this year. But I love baseball. I watched every playoff game I could and enjoyed them all. Especially seeing the big dogs get knocked off and watching a surprise team win it all. The best teams don't always win. Many times it's the hotter team or team with a little magic. This was a great baseball season. Miggy, hamiltons hot streak, kemp to start the season, jeter showing he could still hit, no hitters, trout, harper, machado, frazier and many other rookies all showing the future is bright. The A's were a great story, as were the reds and nats. For all but the yankee fans, it was fun to see the yankees not win another, which isn't a slam on the yanks, more a sign of respect to them. The red sox mess was both fun and sad to watch.

Can't wait til march 2013.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
So let me see if I understand; since I didn't enjoy watching one team play well and the other team basically not even show up to the ball park, I am not a fan of baseball? I don't follow your logic. If you enjoyed it then great. That doesn't make you anymore of a fan than myself. It was boring, plain and simple. The only excitement was Panda hitting a few HR in game 1. Even the celebration after game 4 was boring. Calling people young or bitter is ridiculous. I am neither of those things. Just because someone doesn't feel the same way about it as you did does not make them wrong. My team was done before the season even started but I still watched every game of the playoffs. I love baseball and I'm a baseball fan. But this world series was boring. Only slightly less boring than the Tigers vs Yankees series.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts