Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This weeks Hot list is late... but it's live now!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
FCBHotlistLogo-1-11.jpg

Major League Baseball has a new champion. The NFL is hitting it’s stride. College Football is in true mid season form and probably the best show on TV. I love this time of year in sports. However this year baseball was si painful for me to watch as I am still in an infield fly style hangover. Those of you reading this who are Braves fans know exactly what I am talking about. Luckily I have college football to balance it out and my Crimson Tide look like they could repeat. Although watching this Georgia Florida game I wonder how there could be any defensive player in the NCAA better than Jarvis Jones. You should tune into some Georgia football to see what I am talking about. He is playing like someone set him on fire.
Seeing Pablo Sandoval hit those three homers in a world series game made me realize two things. First, I love to see a fat guy athlete do well as I can easily relate to him. Second, Pablo will undoubtedly be #1 on this weeks hot list.

#1 Pablo Sandoval Autographs

The Kung-Fu Panda became a permanent part of San Fransisco Giants lore this past week causing a nice increase in the prices of his certified autographs. He is among the most frequent subject among topps autograph checklists and that means it was going to take something this dramatic for his cards to climb at all. I would hate to see what his cards were going for if he was not so liberal with the pen.
At any rate, he’s your current world series MVP and this weeks top of the hot list as his autographs topped $15 for a base up from below the $5 mark. Premium cards like this Topps Tribute are in the $40 range. That is quite a bump from the next to nothing they were sitting at.

#2 Doug Martin Rookie Cards

Be honest Tampa Bay fan. Coming out of the draft you weren’t THAT excited about Martin. You thought he might be a good compliment to Legarrette Blount and perhaps a stable contributor to special teams. You didn’t see him ever having a 200 yard day like he did this week.
He wasn’t a big name in the draft as he was considered by most to be a value pick. That pick has surely worked out well for Tampa so far. Collectors who picked him have reaped the rewards as well as his cards have doubled since last week.

#3 Marco Scutaro 2002 SPA Auto

Most teams have a guy like Scutaro. The 2001 Arizona Diamond Backs had Craig Council. The Phillies have Placido Polanco. Three or four other teams had David Eckstien. He’s that one guy who may not have the talent that others have but makes up for it with work ethic and hustle. This is the guy that people love to see come through in a clutch.
The 2012 World Series Champions have their guy in Marco Scutaro as his impressive offensive NLCS series and his game winning RBI in the final game of the series gave the Giants the win. His SP Authentic Autographs have hit the $40 mark, up from $15 earlier in the playoffs.

#4 Julio Jones Rookie Autographs

Sometimes when a player is drafted you get the feeling that it’s a matter of not if they break out, but when. When Julio Jones was drafted by the Falcons that was immediately my first thought. Quite the opposite of the previously mentioned Doug Martin, Julio Jones looked like an NFL star from day one.

The only questions that existed with him is could he stay healthy and could Matt Ryan evolve into an elite quarterback. This year it looks like the answer to both questions is an emphatic yes as the Falcons are 7-0 and Matty Ice is putting up elite numbers. I still see this team as having a long way to go before being looked at as serious contenders for a super bowl win as a lot of their wins are close vs average teams and they have yet to face an elite team. Still, in the NFL a win is a win and Falcons fans should enjoy this while they can.

People selling Julio Jones cards are certainly enjoying the performance and might have done a little dance as Ryan connected with him for that 63 yard strike on Sunday. It has made some of this autographs have some real pop in the market. That seller has been trying to sell that card for ages, and Julio’s good day finally enabled him to do so.

#5 Buster Posey Autographs

No championship is won without a leader. Someone who steps up all season and puts the team on his back. For the Giants this guy is Buster Posey. Last time around Buster was a kid still learning his way around the MLB. A couple of years and one gruesome injury later Buster is a full blown MLB super star. This world series cemented that fact.

His sterling autographs responded to this world series run as they went from $50 to $80. Surely his rookie cards will be in big demand for years to come. There are many more accolades waiting for this guy. He is the perennial all star that the Giants drafted him to be.

#6 Jorge Soler 2012 Bowman Chrome
When a prospect product is new prices on hyped players starts out REALLY high. Then speculators get all they want and leave the market and the price drops again. Until the player does something to warrant a spike there is normally no where to for the secondary market price to go but down.

While it’s true that Jorge Soler autos were not immune to this absolute law of prospecting, he was affected much less than I and others thought he would be. The constant demand for his first Bowman Chrome Autograph kept sales strong as they are holding in the low to mid $50′s. Yes, I realize that isn’t a spike but it is impressive enough to get a spot on this list.

#7 Nick Foles Patch Autographs

Who is the most popular guy on an under-performing team? The backup quarterback of course. Eagles fans frustrated with Michael Vick and ready to give up on any hope of winning consistently with a running quarterback are firmly in the Nick Foles Camp. This weekends lost to the Atlanta Falcons and poor play of Vick did nothing to shut them up. Speculators see this too, and are stocking up on high end Nick Foles cards ready for him to take the reigns. Most feel that if it does not happen this year, it will happen in 2013.

This is your hot list for this week guys, sorry it’s late. I had a rather unique weekend filled of responsibilities and some weird flu bug. Luckily after some medicine I feel like Donald Driver in this picture.
At any rate, It’s good to finally start feeling better.

Last edited:

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
When the chips were stacked against him, when illness hit, when a hurricane named Sally hit the eastern seaboard, our fearless leader rose above all obstacles and put out a damn fine Hot List. We shall all remember this day my friends, for today, we have a hot list. And that is why FCB shall reign above all other trading card message boards, whether they be Magic, Non-Sports, or Sports Related. This is Sparta.... sorry got carried away.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the read Chris but I think you meant Craig Counsell for the 01 D Backs.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Panda!
Wow, I didn't realize his autographs were so cheap before the postseason. I'll have to get one when they go back down this offseason.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Monday is a bad day for the hotlist they said even though its FOOTBALL season.

The hotlist only comes out on Friday they said.

tumblr_maq77ecMHG1qejf6u.gif

I don't like a Monday hot list. But Monday is the only day I am not at the store. Phil does the hot list on Friday because that is the day he can fit it in. We all have to work this stuff around our jobs.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I don't like a Monday hot list. But Monday is the only day I am not at the store. Phil does the hot list on Friday because that is the day he can fit it in. We all have to work this stuff around our jobs.

Actually a Monday list is ok by me. Especially during football season.

Members online

Latest posts