Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buster the new Derek Jeter of baseball for the future?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Of course he is not a yankee, but is Posey primed to be the next golden boy of baseball?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I am going to disagree with most all here so far, the Giants are a big enough market to manufacturer and display a 'golden boy' ala Jeter for the worlds display. He, in just 3 MLB years of service has won the ROY, been a AS, going to win his first MVP, and has 2 rings. He has that persona and charm to woo public perception, and if he continues to have personal and professional team sucess, I think he is going to be the next golden boy of baseball.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I am going to disagree with most all here so far, the Giants are a big enough market to manufacturer and display a 'golden boy' ala Jeter for the worlds display. He, in just 3 MLB years of service has won the ROY, been a AS, going to win his first MVP, and has 2 rings. He has that persona and charm to woo public perception, and if he continues to have personal and professional team sucess, I think he is going to be the next golden boy of baseball.

I hate the Yankees but to compare the Giants with them is laughable at best.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I hate the Yankees but to compare the Giants with them is laughable at best.

Huh? Are you even reading what was typed?

Where on earth is anyone comparing anyone to the Yankees?

Do you think everything revolves around the Tankees?

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Huh? Are you even reading what was typed?

Where on earth is anyone comparing anyone to the Yankees?

Do you think everything revolves around the Tankees?

No i don't think much revolves around the stankies. You are comparing Posey with Jeter while saying the SF market is big enough. I disagree. The WS hype will die off and he will be a star, not THE star like Jeter. You just posted that you disagree with most and i am saying i disagree with the whole concept. Just my thoughts.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Jeter has the appeal he has because he is a Yankee. Posey has no chance. Boston and the Yankees have national appeal but new york has worldwide appeal. Jeter has worldwide appeal.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
It's not as good a situation as being in NY, but Mays did it mainly in SF. Posey would have to be the best player in baseball for it to happen. Since he's not, and won't be, I don't see it happening.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It's not as good a situation as being in NY, but Mays did it mainly in SF. Posey would have to be the best player in baseball for it to happen. Since he's not, and won't be, I don't see it happening.

Obviously I do not disagree that the stage the Yankees provide offers the best chance for world wide exposure and possibly easier for a great player to be seen as great, but the Giants are not a third rate demograph team and I still believe that incredible talent will be recognised as such no matter where. 5 years from now if Posey has another ring or two, keeps in the MVP ranking, and continues to solidify himself as the cream of the crop on a winning team (couppled with his winning persona) he will be the face of MLB.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008

Best player in baseball? When was Jeter ever the best player in baseball?

Having said that, he has won 2 rings in 3 years and is going to be the MVP this year so....?

We are talking face of the game, golden boy here not statistical leader(s).

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Best player in baseball? When was Jeter ever the best player in baseball?

Having said that, he has won 2 rings in 3 years and is going to be the MVP this year so....?

We are talking face of the game, golden boy here not statistical leader(s).

My point was that to get to that level in SF you have to be like Mays or in other words the best player. You don't have to be if you play in NY.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wasn't Pujols supposed to be the new Jeter of baseball? Also, I don't think he was trying to say Jeter was the best player in baseball but rather a player will have to be the best to over take Jeter outside of NY. I still think Posey is boring as a complete outsider who doesn't pay much attention to SF outside of the playoffs. And he looks like he could be on one of those Amish out of order shows

Members online

Latest posts