Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What grade would you give the group of 2012 Bowman Chrome prospects who signed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
For those that know these guys, what overall grade would you give the base group of 2012 Bowman Chrome PROSPECTS that signed?

Here's the list:

BCA-AC Adam Conley - Marlins
BCA-ACH Andrew Chafin - Diamondbacks
BCA-AG Avisail Garcia - Tigers
BCA-BH Billy Hamilton
- Reds
BCA-BC Bobby Crocker - A's
BCA-BM Boss Moanaroa - Red Sox
BCA-BMI Brad Miller - Mariners
BCA-CD Chase Davidson - Astros
BCA-CV Christian Villanueva
BCA-CBU Cody Buckel - Rangers
BCA-FR Felipe Rivero - Rays
BCA-FS Felix Sterling - Indians
BCA-FH Frazier Hall - Angels
BCA-JRG J.R. Graham - Braves
BCA-JM Jake Marisnick - Blue Jays
BCA-JP James Paxton - Mariners
BCA-JH John Hellweg - Angles
BCA-JG Jonathan (Jon) Griffin - Diamondbacks
BCA-JS Jonathan Singleton - Astros
BCA-JSO Jorge Soler
- Cubs
BCA-JC Jose Campos - Yankees
BCA-JR Josh Rutledge - Rockies
BCA-KS Kevan Smith - White Sox
BCA-MO Marcell Ozuna - Marlins
BCA-MS Matt Szczur - Cubs
BCA-MH Miles Head
- A's
BCA-NC Nick Castellanos - Tigers
BCA-NM Nomar Mazara - Rangers
BCA-PM Pratt Maynard - Dodgers
BCA-RS Ravel Santana - Yankees
BCA-RG Ronald Guzman - Rangers
BCA-RO Rougned Odor - Rangers
BCA-SG Scooter Gennett - Brewers
BCA-SN Sean Nolin - Blue Jays
BCA-SD Shawon Dunston Jr. - Cubs
BCA-TC Tony Cingrani - Reds
BCA-TM Trevor May - Phillies
BCA-TA Tyler Austin - Yankees
BCA-TS Tyler Skaggs
- Diamondbacks
BCA-WJ Williams Jerez - Red Sox
BCA-ZD Zeke DeVoss - Cubs

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
Depends on how you look at it.

Prospects for the sake of making money: B. There are some undervalued guys in there, and some guys that could potentially draw some big spikes for a period of time if they play well. (Soler, Castellanos, Austin come to mind). The problem is it is the 2nd Bowman card for a lot of these guys. Also some of the "prospects" are awful.

Prospects based on skill level: C-C+..a few standouts, but I doubt there will be many all-stars from this crop. Maybe 1, 2?

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I'm not going to address how I necessarily feel about the checklist but state my opinion from a $$$ perspective.

Right now, most base auto prices are downright brutal but I think a lot of the base autos that are currently <$20 will see substantial growth. Color Autos of a lot of the solid low end prospects are already quite healthy.

I think in a year, quite a few "haters" will eat their words. Again, just my thoughts.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm not going to address how I necessarily feel about the checklist but state my opinion from a $$$ perspective.

Right now, most base auto prices are downright brutal but I think a lot of the base autos that are currently <$20 will see substantial growth. Color Autos of a lot of the solid low end prospects are already quite healthy.

I think in a year, quite a few "haters" will eat their words. Again, just my thoughts.

Thanks, but I wasn't really asking about the current card values, but just the quality of talent in this crop of prospects. There are lots of new names for me, so just wondered if anyone here had an overall feel for this group of prospects. What I've read on some of these guys is very good.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I think its weak soler is the only heavyweight thats still young. Alot of guys r good prospects but theyre already in double a so their ceilings arent very high

So... If I understand correctly, A) Guys like Castellanos and Singleton are old and have low ceilings. B) Mazara and Guzman were a waste of $8.5 MM in signing bonus money? C) Rutledge's rookie performance should be totally disregarded. D) Skaggs and Campos suck. E) Marisnick won't be able to turn the corner in 2013. F) Miles Head is too old. G) Odor isn't young and putting up solid numbers despite being pushed like Mega-Prospect Jurickson Profar. H) Sean Nolin was a fluke. I) Jerez is old and doesn't have the tools of a highly regarded 2nd round pick. J) Cingrani, Austin, Buckel, Paxton, Ozuna, May, Sterling, Hellweg, Villanueva, Chafin, and Miller are all too old and have no projectability.

Members online