Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 is officially in the books, what do you hope to have done by `13?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I know a lot of people here don't like announcing who there are collecting and/or stashing up on, I really don't have a problem with it as a) I'm not a high dollar prospector and b) it promotes people to contact me if you have stuff I collect. You don't have to post specifics, but for me personally I have a few stashes I would like to beef up on;

• Gary Brown - I think this is going to be a very boom or bust kid, but I personally believe he definitely has the ability to have a 'Trout-like' impact next year on the Giants if they are not able to re-sign Pagan.
  • Brad Miller - Personally I believe he is the future second baseman of the Seattle Mariners. Dustin Ackley is going to end up in left field or at first base, and I have faith in Nick Franklin improving on his defensive abilities at shortstop. I'm also going to be purchasing Zunino, but I don't know if I'm going to have enough money for him.
  • 2012 Bowman Base Auto 9.5 set - I'm about halfway done and I really like the prospects in this set. There are some really heavy hitters and some deep sleepers.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Would you be interested in any '10 Miller stuff (BC Gold Ref, UD USA Patch auto's /99, stuff like that) ?

For me:

Josh Johnson - I hope, by the end of next year, to have 1,000 pack pulled certified auto's. That only means about 270 more, but I want to keep it reasonable, especially with him possibly being dealt this off-season. I'd love to up the collection to 2,500 total cards, which is only around 500 more cards or so, which is also within reach. I'd also like to meet him, personally, and at least be able to chat with him for ten minutes or so, picking his brain and just shooting the XXXX. Getting a pic of him & I & my daughter together would be absolutely epic.

Torii Hunter - I'd like to hit 100 pack pulled certified auto's by the end of next year. I'd say 200, but the bank account shakes it's finger in Mutumbo type fashion.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Torii Hunter - I'd like to hit 100 pack pulled certified auto's by the end of next year. I'd say 200, but the bank account shakes it's finger in Mutumbo type fashion.

FingerShake.gif

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It's tough with new cards coming out with every new release but I'd say my ultimate milestone I'm trying to reach and I'll try and get there by the end of next year too...

PC = 90% of Beckett recognized Albert Belle cards

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I hope to accomplish moving out the final cards that I want to move, so I can put the rest in storage and not touch them for a while.

I also hope to finish this 1958 Topps set.

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
I'd love to add 5 new Duchscherer cards in 2013. The pickings are slim (only 15 non-1/1s remaining), but I believe a few may pop up.

I also want to finish my Pete Maravich Topps PSA 8 run. Just need '75, '77, '78, and '80. I'd like to add another 50 cards my 1951 Bowman raw set.

Finally, I'd like to start a new player collection. As an A's fan, I may target Addison Russell, but it depends on the budget.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Still don't have a main PC guy since Latos went to the Reds. My goal is to pick up all of the Padres prospects accumulating more of the few I like and hope to not take a bath on the ones that flop and have a nice stash of the ones who flourish.

Also hope to pick up a Kobe auto and a Ted Williams auto is high on my list too.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I hope to get my Darryl Kile collection to 75%. Currently at 66.4%.

I also hope to reach 550 unique Astros autographs. Currently at 475 unique autographs.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Therion, do you have a Kile list of haves/needs?

Not baseball, but by the end of 2013, I would like to be at 40% of all Pacific Football Gu/Patches/Autos and I want to complete at least one "Patch" set.

I am currently at 24.84%.

Members online