Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

anyone have eBay block messages you try to send to a potential buyer ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Ive had this happen a couple times now when I try to send a message for them to send me their pp address to do a sale paypal direct. anyone else have this happen to them & if so whats the best way around it?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Yes it has happened and will continue to happen
Ebay doesnt want you to do deals outside of them as they get no fees
There is no way around it (well at least that I have tried figure out)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
yes, they do this to prevent such activities. The system catches series of numbers of information associated with the @ symbol.

You can always just send your email info to the person in this format.........."my email is George at gmail dot com"

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
yes, they do this to prevent such activities. The system catches series of numbers of information associated with the @ symbol.

You can always just send your email info to the person in this format.........."my email is George at gmail dot com"

Not true George, I sent a person a communication of "email me at cjrau at msn dot com" and got flagged. I even tried to send my Cuddyer website addy, that got flagged. eBay has a lot more restrictions on it than you think.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
best way to do this is put your email address in your listings. Then, if someone contacts you, say "My email address is in the listing."

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
seems the only way I've had luck lately is to ask them to send me their paypal address so I can send them an invoice, but not sure if that will work all the time.

I usually send them a message saying " i can accpet an offer of *** amount of $$$ if you could pay me paypal direct, if you agree please send me your pp address & ill send you an invoice. & ive gotten messages bacj containing their paypal address so im wondering if only sellers cant send a paypal address???

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
best way to do this is put your email address in your listings. Then, if someone contacts you, say "My email address is in the listing."

this seems like it could work, I guess if you got an offer but wanted to go through paypal you could always send a message stating you would like to get *** amount, and that they could send payment to the email in the listing

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Not true George, I sent a person a communication of "email me at cjrau at msn dot com" and got flagged. I even tried to send my Cuddyer website addy, that got flagged. eBay has a lot more restrictions on it than you think.

Huh, I just sent and received messages in this format. I dont use the word email.....I tend to say "drop me a note at.....", maybe the word email or website flagged you.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Huh, I just sent and received messages in this format. I dont use the word email.....I tend to say "drop me a note at.....", maybe the word email or website flagged you.
Interesting, I just did a test one to you George and it worked. I wish I would have screen shot it when it didnt work last week. Wonder if because of their beta testing there are still bugs in it depending on which browser one is using.

Members online