Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ervin Santana to the KC Royals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Not known what they got for him yet, will update when I find out.

Royals Acquire Ervin Santana
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [October 31 at 3:54pm CST]
The Royals have acquired Ervin Santana from the Angels, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter). It's not yet clear what the Angels are obtaining in return for Santana.

The Angels had limited interest in exercising Santana's 2013 option, but the Royals appear to consider it reasonable. The Royals will presumably exercise Santana's $13MM option instead of paying him a $1MM buyout.

The 29-year-old posted a 5.16 ERA with 6.7 K/9 and 3.1 BB/9 in 178 innings this past season. He had completed at least 220 innings with ERAs below 4.00 in 2010 and 2011, however.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If I find out KC dealt a bigtime prospect for him, that'll make my day. :)

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I really like this move for the Royals. Santana still has pretty good stuff and they are buying low. KC needs to take some risks to improve their pitching staff, and this seems like a pretty good one to me.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Not known what they got for him yet, will update when I find out.

Royals Acquire Ervin Santana
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [October 31 at 3:54pm CST]
The Royals have acquired Ervin Santana from the Royals, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter)...

So the Royals traded..........with the Royals?????? Brilliant this way you gave up nothing and got nothing in return :lol:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't see them giving up a big name for Santana. His stock is way too low right now for KC to trade away one of the key pieces of their future to pick him up.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ah, well.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Sources: #Angels receive Brandon Sisk in Ervin Santana trade.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
As a Salary dump for the Angels? I think they are thinking of shopping Haren and it may happen by Friday too.

Just saw something flash on the bottom line w/Haren & Santana. Hopefully Haren to the Twins. They need arms that can do anything ...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Guessing this means we won't be seeing Jake Odorizzi at Kaufmann anytime soon....

Members online

Latest posts