Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who remebers the BING promotion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
With the Holiday's fast approaching, who remembers the BING promotion?
I remember it getting as high as 40%!
It was like the stock market, you had to check daily and the % would change constantly.
I think this is how eBay bucks evolved.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I was at a Microsoft seminar this week. The presenter told us to "just Bing it". I wondered if they paid their employees to say that instead of fighting the urge to say "Google it".

Maybe that's where the revenue went. :)

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
The reason all of these promotions went away and will (most likely) NEVER come back is people were listing items for sale on ebay for like $5,000. Then 'buying' the item with another account and making an absolute killing. Do this several times and you can easily make thousands of dollars for free.

Ebay will most likely never allow another one of these promotions.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
The reason all of these promotions went away and will (most likely) NEVER come back is people were listing items for sale on ebay for like $5,000. Then 'buying' the item with another account and making an absolute killing. Do this several times and you can easily make thousands of dollars for free.

That and they did away with incentive based campaigns.

I spent a lot of money making one before they canceled them.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

Never even thought of that.That is sly.Good catch there.

Members online

Latest posts