Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to Sell: 2011 Allen Ginter Codebreaker Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Our Allen & Ginter Codebreaker cards finally came in! As awesome as these cards are, I am only going to keep some of them and would like to send others to good homes at a fair (or better than fair) price :)

Basically, I haven't sold baseball cards in forever, and I don't have much in the way of an LCS here in the DC/Arlington area. I am looking for ideas about the types of ways to do this right.

Should I get them graded? Go through a store? Put it on ebay myself?

I imagine its possible I could get some pitches from store owners, etc. and that's fine. Just know I'm looking for a lot of info here, and won't be making any decisions for a little while on this. Also, offers aren't welcome at this time-not until I can wrap my head around this a bit more. I can also post pictures later, when I have time to photograph a few.

Thanks for any thoughts, I really appreciate it.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Congrats on winning first off. And second, what was your take? I would love to see some scans of your codebreakers. I know Frenchie has a few nice ones from his draft. Best of luck getting them moved, I don't think you will have an issue moving them especially to player collectors here or on the bay.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Congrats on winning first off. And second, what was your take? I would love to see some scans of your codebreakers. I know Frenchie has a few nice ones from his draft. Best of luck getting them moved, I don't think you will have an issue moving them especially to player collectors here or on the bay.

This. Let us know what ya hit, so we might be a little better help to evaluate the pricing possibilities on them.

Thanks!

We did have a good draft, and Frenchie got plenty of scores. For the record, I picked up:

Stan Lee
Gio Gonzalez
Mike Morse

These are three I am def keeping, based on team loyalty and comic book love.

Then, non-baseball players:

Kristi Yamaguchi
Eric Jackson
Ana Julaton
Tim Howard
Kyle Petty
Shawn Michaels
Dirk Hayhurst

Baseball Players
Chone Figgins
Brent Morel
Andres Torres
David DeJesus
Freddy Sanchez
Ubaldo Jimenez
Chase Utley
Josh Hamilton
Starlin Castro
Jose Bautista
Jason Heyward
Chris Sale

So some heavy hitters, a few I'm pretty sure are rookies. I haven't decided which ones of those I will keep.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'd probably hold all baseball until spring training (again, just when it's in the mind of a lot of the collector's out there and not competing w/BC & prospect jive), especially w/an Utley who had an ok season but should be ready to roll in '13 or Hamilton if he signs somewhere else or re-signs in Texas. Just anytime they come up positively in the news, I suppose.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Thanks!

We did have a good draft, and Frenchie got plenty of scores. For the record, I picked up:

Stan Lee
Gio Gonzalez
Mike Morse

These are three I am def keeping, based on team loyalty and comic book love.

Then, non-baseball players:

Kristi Yamaguchi
Eric Jackson
Ana Julaton
Tim Howard
Kyle Petty
Shawn Michaels
Dirk Hayhurst

Baseball Players
Chone Figgins
Brent Morel
Andres Torres
David DeJesus
Freddy Sanchez
Ubaldo Jimenez
Chase Utley
Josh Hamilton
Starlin Castro
Jose Bautista
Jason Heyward
Chris Sale

So some heavy hitters, a few I'm pretty sure are rookies. I haven't decided which ones of those I will keep.

Dirk Hayhurst was a pitcher with the Padres and the Bluejays...

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
there is someone on another site that collects Hayhurst. Cards like that I would put on Ebay with a clear title and let people just have at it! As long as you describe well you should definately maximize your profit and visability on the auction site. I like that you have offered to PC guys first and hope you can get deals done that work for both parties before auctioning off the rest.

Last edited:
Thanks all for looking these over. Glad I could make some deals with you here and over at BO. I put some up on EBay, so if you search for them you will find them.

Thanks

Sent from my PG86100 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts