Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pasqual Perez murdered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
DR seems to be a tough place to live for the current and former athletes from there most likely due to poverty... such a beautiful place to visit though according to my parents who have been there at least 6 times now.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
DR seems to be a tough place to live for the current and former athletes from there most likely due to poverty... such a beautiful place to visit though according to my parents who have been there at least 6 times now.

I guess it all depends on where you are. I was there once in La Romana and I felt like I would have been safer on the south side of Chicago draped in a confederate flag

steve2112

Nov 1, 2012
Syracuse, NY
D'oh! Needed him in my 1985 Fleer signed set. Oh well, it's not as if I'm not already missing Donnie Moore, Todd Cruz, Aurelio Lopez, Kirby Puckett, Darrell Porter, Bo Diaz, and a few others who have passed (as well as Ivan Calderon and Tommy Dunbar in the Update set). RIP, Mr. Perez.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

Beautiful, but a tough place to visit. It was sad to see how people have/had to act there just to make a buck. I would not go back.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Long live 285 Perez.. Legend goes he drove around the Perimeter of Atlanta (285) 3 times looking for Fulton County Stadium.... Problem with it is.. The Stadium is downtown and not near 285...

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I was at his 5 inning no-hitter rain shortened game at the Vet in Philly. I got Brynn Smith's autograph that night- you know, the guy that got caught with a **********! LOL.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Murder suspects arrested

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Police in the Dominican Republic said they arrested three men suspected of killing former major league pitcher Pascual Perez during an attempted home robbery.

Maximo Baez, the criminal investigations director, said one suspect confessed that he and four others planned to rob Perez's home. Police said they have identified the two other suspects, who remain fugitives.
Police said they expect to file charges later Saturday.

Perez, 55, last played for the New York Yankees in 1991. He was discovered by his ex-wife Thursday with severe head wounds in a town west of the capital of Santo Domingo. Police said he had been hit repeatedly with a hammer.

Police said one of the suspects knew Perez and told authorities that they sought to steal his $2,400 monthly pension for his 11-year career in the majors.

Another suspect was identified by police as a low-level drug dealer, while a third suspect was arrested Saturday after police said he sold one of Perez's cellphones for $6.25.

Perez, who had a rocky career including two suspensions for drug use, lived alone in San Gregorio de Nigua.

Perez compiled a lifetime record of 67-68 with the Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Montreal and Yankees.

The right-hander was first signed by the Pirates in January 1976 as an amateur free agent. He pitched for the Braves from 1982-85. He was 15-8 in 1983 and 14-8 in 1984.

In March 1992, he was suspended after failing a drug test the day he arrived for spring training with the Yankees. He was entering the final season of a three-year, $5.7 million contract, but never returned to the majors.

Members online