Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Had all of my A&G N43 cards graded by SGC.... here they are

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Some might wonder "why SGC?". In the case of the odd-shaped box-topping N43s, it was an easy choice. SGC is the only company of the Big 3 that holders N43s in a standard case. BGS and PSA use massive holders for a card that only measures 1/4" wider than a standard card. Want to see absurdity? eBay search "n43 Psa" or "n43 bgs". Easy choice, right?

I like the N43 set for a few reasons. I like the unique size and design. I like the rarity, each card is hand-numbered to 15 with no parallels. I also like the manageable size of the sets, as each year there is only 10 subjects that have autographed versions. I decided to focus on the 2009 and 2010 sets so as to keep set completions within the grasp of my small(ish) budget. I am currently 1 card away from completing each set, so if you see a 2009 Joba Chamberlain or a 2010 Dustin Pedroia, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THINGS SACRED LET ME KNOW!!!! You might notice that I only have 8 cards from the 2009 set, which is because Alex "WHO GIVES A F#%@?" Rios never signed his and those that redeemed them were sent replacements. So here they are:

2010Gomez.jpg
2009Wright.jpg
2009Scherzer.jpg

2009Kershaw.jpg
2009Bruce.jpg
2009Longoria.jpg

2009Masterson.jpg
2009Ramirez.jpg

2010Braun.jpg
2010VWells.jpg
2010RZimmerman.jpg

2010Upton.jpg
2010Tulowitzki.jpg
2010Scherzer.jpg

2010Kinsler.jpg
2010Hanson.jpg
2010Gonzalez.jpg

Pretty happy with the grades and very happy with SGC. Only grading issues I have are that I think the Wright should have graded worse as it has a dent on the front surface, and the Kershaw, which I am not sure why it graded a 7.

Special thanks to George Calfas, who sold me half of these and informed me that the Rios doesn't exist, otherwise I'd probably still be looking.

Thanks for looking.

Erik

Last edited:

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I say no need to justify your choice of grader... They look great in those cases and will display very nice unlike the comic book sized cases the other companies use for even the just slightly oversized cards.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
AWESOME :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Great choice going w/ SGC, the eye appeal is on point

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
AWESOME :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Great choice going w/ SGC, the eye appeal is on point

I disagree - they would have looked better is the card was turned 90 degrees clockwise, so the slab was over the top of the card. Though their slabs definitely are the nicest.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I disagree - they would have looked better is the card was turned 90 degrees clockwise, so the slab was over the top of the card. Though their slabs definitely are the nicest.

But then they'd have had to use one of those monstrous slabs like BGS and PSA does, which is what I was trying to avoid. But I know what you mean, it always bothers me a little when a card with landscape orientation is graded

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
I'm not a big graded fan but SGC is my favorite.

Nice collection and good luck finishing the set.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Nice cards. That's the company I use exclusively. That black insert can get some cards to really "pop".

Was the black insert, at one time, made of a cardboard substance? I had in my head that it was and that was one negative thought I had about SGC. The ones I have we're custom cut for these cards and is a nice, smooth plastic. Have they always been that way?

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Was the black insert, at one time, made of a cardboard substance? I had in my head that it was and that was one negative thought I had about SGC. The ones I have we're custom cut for these cards and is a nice, smooth plastic. Have they always been that way?

That I really have no idea. I thought it was always the same as it is now but could be wrong. I had some cards graded by them when they first came out but have long since moved them otherwise I'd be able to answer your question. Someone here probably knows though I'm sure.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Congrats man! I love the look of these cards. I was happy to pick up a Miggy here on these boards. They are hard to store, but those cases look great.

Kevin

dodgerblue

Jul 12, 2012
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet collection!!! Really beautiful to look at.

I have several SGC slabbed cards, some with the "old" SGC label and some with the "new" label, and in all of them the black cutout appears to be a plastic material. Upon first glance, it looks like cardboard, but I think this is because it has a matte finish (as opposed to glossy).

Members online

Latest posts