Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CLASSIC SITUATION on EBAY: What to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Sold an item to a buyer. Here is his response today via email.

370675128741 plz check this item number. Hey I'm sorry but I cant help but
feel like I grossly overpaid for this item. It just closed for 18.50. I
wanted to see how we can handle I either if u would like to issue a partial
20 dollar refund or I'f you would like me to return the item when it
arrives for a full refund of purchase price but I am unhappy no fault of
your own that I paid more than double for this item. Please advise so I
can keep or or send it back as soon as it arrives so plz advise thx

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
1) Tell them to XXXX off
2) When they try and claim "Item not as described", forward the above communication to eBay/Paypal
3) Tell them to XXXX off again!!!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
What an *******. I would contact ebay and find out what they have to say on it. he is clearly stating buyers remorse, that is not a viable reason to send something back. He bought what you sold. That sucks.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I agree totally, I have saved all responses. He bought 2 other things too so want to make sure he doesn't file for a different reason now.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Be professional and have them return the item, once it arrives issue a refund and then use the new "Report Abuse" function.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Actually, what I originally wrote is what I would do in a perfect world, but lets just play along with this ******* a little bit

1) Reply back stating that you are sorry to hear of their disappointment. Ask for clarification to their email, you want to be sure that they are wanting to return solely based on the price they paid, not the condition of the item (state just for your piece of mind that there was nothing wrong with the item description, condition, etc). This will protect you when in the end you refuse to issue a refund.
2) When they reply back yes, ask them to email you once the item is received
3) When they email you, double check that the item is OK before you are willing to issue a refund, as you need to receive the card back in the same condition it was received.
4) Once they confirm that there is NOTHING wrong with the card after opening the package, deny the claim and forward to ebay. There is NO WAY they will allow the buyer to back out after admitting there is nothing wrong with the item, only that they have buyers remorse.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Sold an item to a buyer. Here is his response today via email.

370675128741 plz check this item number. Hey I'm sorry but I cant help but
feel like I grossly overpaid for this item. It just closed for 18.50. I
wanted to see how we can handle I either if u would like to issue a partial
20 dollar refund or I'f you would like me to return the item when it
arrives for a full refund of purchase price but I am unhappy no fault of
your own that I paid more than double for this item. Please advise so I
can keep or or send it back as soon as it arrives so plz advise thx

Tell him to pound it. Your auction was a BIN/BO 69.99 and he offered 42.50 and you accepted that offer price. He gets nothing since he made an offer he was willing to pay you the price you excepted........

Man the stupidity of some people some times.

1. Use paypal to acquire his address
2. Google map address
3. Get In car
4. Drive to address
5. Chain doors on house shut
6. Pour gasoline around house
7. Strike match
8. Wait till fire is out
9. Find corpse
10. Beat corpse with tire iron
11. Urinate on corpse
12. Return home

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
Good luck on winning this. While I agree that buyers should not be able to return items simply due to buyer's remorse, according to Ebay, they can. Their return policy allows for returns for "any reason." I've spoken to Ebay directly about this and they confirmed that "any reason" really is any reason at all.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Good luck on winning this. While I agree that buyers should not be able to return items simply due to buyer's remorse, according to Ebay, they can. Their return policy allows for returns for "any reason." I've spoken to Ebay directly about this and they confirmed that "any reason" really is any reason at all.

This.

While I know you're in the right, eBay allows buyers impunity with returning items, which is why they instituted the report user tag. Whether or not it does anything, time will tell... but you're no worse off than you were before this ******** came along.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
What an *******. I would contact ebay and find out what they have to say on it. he is clearly stating buyers remorse, that is not a viable reason to send something back. He bought what you sold. That sucks.

+100

By forwarding the e-mail to E-Bay, it can help protect you from any negative feedback, as he is clearly having buyer's remorse before it even arrives. So, he can't claim like it was damaged, or was not the item he bought, etc... if he gives you negative feedback, E-Bay would already have this e-mail on copy and should be able to remove the feedback. Same thing goes if he tries to file a claim via PayPal.

Members online

Latest posts