Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Countdown to the 2013 season... sigh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I hate when there is no baseball. After the MVPs are announced, it's pretty much over for a long time, minus off-season moves. I guess we can look forward to the HOF nominations. Is there a WBC in 2013? Oh yeah, the world ends on December 21st. I guess that's it for baseball for good. : (

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I doubt we have any HOF inductees this year.
Why do you think that? The ballot is loaded.
Piazza is a shoo-in on his first ballot. Biggio will probably get in too this year.
Bagwell has a shot. Schilling maybe.
Bonds, Clemens and Sosa have no chance this year.
Jack Morris got 67% of the vote last year, so he has an outside shot of getting the necessary 75%.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Why do you think that? The ballot is loaded.
Piazza is a shoo-in on his first ballot. Biggio will probably get in too this year.
Bagwell has a shot. Schilling maybe.
Bonds, Clemens and Sosa have no chance this year.
Jack Morris got 67% of the vote last year, so he has an outside shot of getting the necessary 75%.

1. Your going to have some writers that do not feel Piazza, Schilling and Biggio are legitimate first-ballot candidates.

2. Then your going to have someone like Morris that loses votes because....

3. Writer X thinks Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens were HOFers before they cheated while Writer Y will not vote for anybody linked to steroids.

4. and then writers that have been voting 10+ years for Lee Smith and Dale Murphy want to see them in....

5. and dont forget players like Larry Walker is going to grab 30% of the votes

I just think there are too many side stories for one player to get the majority needed this year. Sad when you consider the writers knew this year was coming 5 years ago. Plus, no way does baseball want to see Biggio and Bonds on the same stage in the summer of 2013.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
First week in April I get to meet new players on local team. It snowed one year and only FIVE people showed to greet team and most remembered you later

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
My "season" always starts early with the mid-late January graphing season. Usually at least one (if not two) Twins Caravans leading up to TwinsFest. It's always a fun time to be around fans and players and get a good feel for baseball even though the season hasn't started yet.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I hate when there is no baseball.

????

There has been some baseball every night from the Dominican Republic and I'm sure Mexico has started by now or will be shortly so I can add that to my live baseball viewing. Granted it's not MLB or MiLB, but it keeps my satisfied for live baseball during the winter and it's fun to discover while watching the games where some former MLB'ers ended up or where some minor leaguers are keeping sharp over the winter. I also start to see more cricket show up so winter must be the prime part of the year for ODI cricket.

Members online