Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What kind of stats is Nelson Cruz going to put up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Rangers had their first intrasquad game today and I read Nelson Cruz hit a grandslam on his first pitch that hasn't landed yet. Ron Washington has already said he's going to be an everyday starter and will be batting cleanup. Is it crazy to think this guy can hit .300 40HR 100rbi this year? He seems to be taking the Ryan Howard path. Is he for real?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I saw him play a lot in 2003 and he had some serious power potential.

And if you combine his AAA and MLB stats last season he hit 44 HRs with 125 RBI and an OPS of 1.100+...all indications lead me to, yes...he can put up huge numbers over a 162 game season.

Now will he reach those numbers? Who knows.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
bballcardkid said:
I think he's a freak...in a good nonsexual way.

I agree. I just watched 7 of his homerun's on AOL video archive from last year when he was called up. He hits absolute bombs. He looks like a masher.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
AKA Coastal said:
bballcardkid said:
I think he's a freak...in a good nonsexual way.

I agree. I just watched 7 of his homerun's on AOL video archive from last year when he was called up. He hits absolute bombs. He looks like a masher.

I wanted to pick some of his cards up in the offseason, but the only ones listed were his newer stuff. I'd love to pick up a gold or two from 05, or even a few autos.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
Time to pick up some stuff :), hopefully he actually starts playing everyday and not getting hurt all the time like the past.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
aw00d05 said:
Time to pick up some stuff :), hopefully he actually starts playing everyday and not getting hurt all the time like the past.

his 06 autos are dirt cheap and are probably a good cheap investment.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
aw00d05 said:
moxacaine said:
aw00d05 said:

his 06 autos are dirt cheap and are probably a good cheap investment.
Yeah thought about getting one last summer just forgot. Just checked and wowow they've gone up:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-SP-NELSON-CRUZ ... 240%3A1318

Yeah that 05 auto has always been pretty expensive but i was talking about his 06 Topps Chrome autos. They can be had for like $5. If he gets hot that could easily hit $30+

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
The Rangers lineup is nasty. That batting order should score a couple touchdowns a game.

C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
1B Chris Davis
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
3B Michael Young
LF Marlon Byrd
CF Josh Hamilton
RF Nelson Cruz
DH Hank Blalock

Their bench is pretty deep to.

ozzie's translator

Aug 10, 2008
U.S. Cellular field
He is a beast! Did just as well after called up as he was in AAA. I would have bought more during the offseason, but not much has popped up. Soto's SP /SPX 2005 stuff went nuts last year, I think Cruz will this year. He can move for a big guy too, stole 27 bases in 08 also.

img236.jpg

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
ozzie's translator said:
He is a beast! Did just as well after called up as he was in AAA. I would have bought more during the offseason, but not much has popped up. Soto's SP /SPX 2005 stuff went nuts last year, I think Cruz will this year. He can move for a big guy too, stole 27 bases in 08 also.

img236.jpg

Damn, nice stash. All I've got is some '05 BCDP base.

dodgerchromie

Aug 7, 2008
California
:D

scan0368.jpg

pudge1760

Aug 9, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
The Rangers lineup is nasty. That batting order should score a couple touchdowns a game.

C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
1B Chris Davis
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
3B Michael Young
LF Marlon Byrd
CF Josh Hamilton
RF Nelson Cruz
DH Hank Blalock

Their bench is pretty deep to.

Byrd will not be starting, it will be Murphy

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Well Nelson Cruz hit another bomb in his first AB today in the Cactus league. He was 2-3 HR 3rbi's. I think this might become the norm.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I don't want to schize in anyone's Cheerioes here, but Nelson has been pulling this cfrap for years now. He gets everyone all hot and heavy, be it in ST or the Minors, then he never delivers. He gets overmatched/outsmarted whenever he goes up against decent pitching.

I used to really like the guy and was really pissed when the Brewers moved him with Lee to the Rangers for Cordero/Mench/Nix. But I've come to realize that he's probably the AAAA-type.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
I don't want to schize in anyone's Cheerioes here, but Nelson has been pulling this cfrap for years now. He gets everyone all hot and heavy, be it in ST or the Minors, then he never delivers. He gets overmatched/outsmarted whenever he goes up against decent pitching.

I used to really like the guy and was really pissed when the Brewers moved him with Lee to the Rangers for Cordero/Mench/Nix. But I've come to realize that he's probably the AAAA-type.

He had a good run after he got called up last year (.330 7HR 26rbi 17BB 28BB 115AB). The Rangers must have a lot of confidence in him since they plan on sticking him in the cleanup spot in that stacked batting lineup. Call me crazy ,but I think he has more power than Hamilton. I'm a big Rangers fan. I like the kid. I just wish I would have put my money where my mouth was.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
hive17 said:

He had a good run after he got called up last year (.330 7HR 26rbi 17BB 28BB 115AB). The Rangers must have a lot of confidence in him since they plan on sticking him in the cleanup spot in that stacked batting lineup. Call me crazy ,but I think he has more power than Hamilton.

Like i said, I really liked the guy. But after getting my hopes up year-after-year, call me cynical.

Also, for no reason, I've kinda decided to make TX my AL team to root for. I just like a lot of the guys on that team. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts