Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols Topps Chrome Retrofractor Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Picked this up yesterday for $100, how did I do?

PujolsRetrofront.jpg

PujolsRetroback.jpg

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'm not trying to ruin your day, but nice copies usually sell raw in the $120 - $150 range. The centering and chewed up right edge would probablly mean this card is a $25 - $40 card if it could sell at all considering the major issues. It's still a very nice Pujols RC and if you are happy, thats all that matters.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
I'm not trying to ruin your day, but nice copies usually sell raw in the $120 - $150 range. The centering and chewed up right edge would probablly mean this card is a $25 - $40 card if it could sell at all considering the major issues. It's still a very nice Pujols RC and if you are happy, thats all that matters.

Even with the centering and edge issues there is no way the card is only worth $25.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
If I could find one like that for $25-$40 I would be all over it.
You need to keep in mind that the scan shown is extremely large and is sure to make any flaw look much worse than if the card was in one's hand.
Granted it's nowhere near mint, but still a beautiful card.
As has been mentioned time and time again, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.
David

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I must conceed that I may have overstated my opinion.

What I should have said is that I would be comfortable buying it in the $25-$40 range but this is mainly because I really have no room for poor conditioned modern era cards in my collection. I see well centered, clean copies sell for $120 - $150 regularly so I guess something like this is worth what someone will pay for it and since you paid $100... And as someone stated above, the scan may be making it look worse than it actually is.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
For what its worth, I moved it in a trade today for $125 value. I still appreciate the fb, I knew going in that it wasnt mint, I simply never see these in person and it looked really nice. I would agree that the large scan makes it look worse. Holding it in hand, you really had to turn it at a certain angle in the light to see the chipping.

Members online