Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Josh Hamilton's asking price is....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
7 years, $175 million.

I love Josh, but good luck with that!

I'm hoping the Orioles offer him 4 years/$80 million. If he wants a 5th year, I'd be okay if he's willing to take a per year pay cut with 5 years/$85 million.

I don't see ANY team giving him more than 5 years, if that.

If I was him, I would take a short term, big contract like 3 years, $65 million and prove myself for another short contract of the same length with a little less pay.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wow.... 7 years, $175mm... If I were the Rangers, I'd tell Josh to wish in one hand and sh!t in the other and see which fills up first

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think teams are moving away from giving guys Mauer/Holliday type deals because of what the eventual decline that they will have and are seeing with A-Rod, currently.

Even if you frontload the deal, its still not very ideal for most teams to hand out that kind of money.

I think 5/$85-90 is more realistic and will probably be what he takes.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I know it pains you to mention StL but not signing Albert did not hurt the club.

I agree with what you are saying about Albert but not mentioning Stl had nothing to do with how I loathe them. It just they had a top 10 payroll, so it's not like they are NOT spending money. I mean we had a team win the division with the 29th highest payroll, then the Rays who compete in the AL East annually with a bottom 10 payroll, plus the Orioles and Nationals made the playoffs with a very low payroll.

Point being, I was agreeing with you in regards that, if I'm the Phillies, Angels, Red Sox, Marlins, White Sox, etc. - can we do just as good (not making the playoffs) with a drastically cut payroll? I think teams like the Athletics, Rays have proven that and the Orioles, Nationals are proving that. Even a team like the Padres is doing well with the worst payroll in the MLB.

And one last jab: Reds had 4th highest payroll in the NL Central and won the division. To me, it's all about drafting and locking in the ones that are future stars.

I will admit the Cardinals have done well at drafting and keeping core players but they also overspend on veteran players when they could've put that extra money into drafting (they were fools to re-sign Berkman, regardless of the year he had before.)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think teams are moving away from giving guys Mauer/Holliday type deals because of what the eventual decline that they will have and are seeing with A-Rod, currently.

Even if you frontload the deal, its still not very ideal for most teams to hand out that kind of money.

I think 5/$85-90 is more realistic and will probably be what he takes.

I agree. I love the direction baseball is taking in terms of playing "small ball". I remember laughing manaically the day the Yankees RESIGNED Arod to his 10 year deal. I thought "He won't have more than 2 years of production to warrant that contract"

jhand13

Oct 3, 2012
I would really like to the Marlins pick him up, they need a player of his level to pick them up from this past season.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I agree that I would be most comfortable in the 4 or 5 year range in the 75M level, but I have a funny feeling he is going to get a 7 year 125M+ deal.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Yes because the Cards won the world series again this year.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Albert and CJ were suppose to catipult the Angels to the playoffs
St Louis losing Albert was suppose to have them missing the playoffs

what happened??
if you cant see Georges point you have blinders on

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Albert and CJ were suppose to catipult the Angels to the playoffs
St Louis losing Albert was suppose to have them missing the playoffs

what happened??
if you cant see Georges point you have blinders on

Albert had an off year. Maybe because he changed leaugues. Whos to say he wouldnt have helped the cards to another ws win this year if he didnt leave.

He needs to stay American League. Plenty of teams have money and plenty of teams will spend to avoid the Yankees or Red Sox making a play for him.

I personally think he's worth 4 years 60 mil.. The addictions he battled do not keep you young. We've seen signs of him being oft injured and even though he can carry a team for months he has disappeared during runs in the past.

I'm in on the Red Sox going at him but longer than 5 and 80 ill be upset.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
With what the Red Sox did in order to shed salary and problem players, I doubt they will make any kind of serious play for him, if any at all.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Albert had an off year. Maybe because he changed leaugues. Whos to say he wouldnt have helped the cards to another ws win this year if he didnt leave.

Whos to say he wouldnt have had the off year with the Cards and they miss the playoffs?

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
Crazy.... , but I think someone goes 6@ 125. Anyone think the braves make a play for him??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
Crazy, but I think someone will go at least 6 @ 125. Does anyone think the Braves will make a play for him??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online