Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Delmon Young pleads guilty for anti-semetic outburst

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
ESPN - NEW YORK -- Detroit Tigers slugger Delmon Young pleaded guilty today to aggravated harassment in an incident last spring where he shouted an anti-Semitic slur and tackled a man to the ground outside a Manhattan hotel, prosecutors said.

The 27-year-old left fielder, who became a free agent after the World Series, was ordered to complete 10 days of community service and enroll in a program at the Museum of Tolerance New York as part of the Manhattan District Attorney's office restorative justice program.

Young was standing outside of the Hilton New York and yelled anti-Jewish epithets at a group of tourists, tussling with them and tackling one to the ground in April, when the Tigers were in town to play the New York Yankees.

Young later apologized to his team, and was suspended without pay for seven days.

In the court-ordered program, Young will participate in interactive workshops, videos, guided discussions and special instruction by museum educators to explore issues of prejudice, diversity, and tolerance, the district attorney's office said.

The museum reports progress back to prosecutors. If Young completes the program successfully he'll be able to withdraw his plea and plead guilty to a lesser charge.

"Dispositions for defendants charged with bias-related crimes need to be thoughtful and tailored toward healing both the defendant and the entire targeted community," said District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr.

Detroit is prepared to let the designated hitter sign with another team.

I don't find this hard to fathom because his brother went into the stands after someone who used the big slur towards him. His father and da meat hook made it clear they had always worked on appreciating differences.

How would you like that fat ass to land on you? Dude weighs prince fielder plus a sandbag and 3 skittles.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
The Anti Defamation League is on par with the NAACP

I didn't read the article, but I'm sure they're somehow behind this

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I don't find this hard to fathom because his brother went into the stands after someone who used the big slur towards him. His father and da meat hook made it clear they had always worked on appreciating differences.

How would you like that fat ass to land on you? Dude weighs prince fielder plus a sandbag and 3 skittles.
:lol:

Staff online