Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So who wants jason bay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I think with what the Mets paid him to leave. Teams like the Rays or other American teams could take a flyer on hims for just a few million or so a year.

NOTE: I'm not saying the Rays need him or even pursing him, it was just an example of where he could go.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
I think with what the Mets paid him to leave. Teams like the Rays or other American teams could take a flyer on hims for just a few million or so a year.

NOTE: I'm not saying the Rays need him or even pursing him, it was just an example of where he could go.

He'll actually be available for the League minimum. He'll be a decent gamble for somebody at that price.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
No discussion about an available Canadian player would be complete without mentioning the Blue Jays. They need production from LF but I don't know that Bay can be considered productive anymore. Might be worth the gamble if the price was cheap.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I see a team like the Indians, Rays, Athletics gambling on him. I could see him in an Orioles uni if they don't land Hamilton or Cody Ross.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Better for the team to free up the roster spot for someone who who will actually be productive...

In 288 games with the Mets since 2010, Bay hit .234 with just 26 home runs and 124 RBI in 986 at-bats.
That's astonishing! He was one of the most solid players before that.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
In 288 games with the Mets since 2010, Bay hit .234 with just 26 home runs and 124 RBI in 986 at-bats.
In Bay's defense, he was never really healthy.
On separate occasions, he suffered a concussion, a broken rib and had another rib injury.
Playing with sore ribs makes it almost impossible to swing a bat effectively.
So it's not like Bay suddenly just sucked when he came to the Mets. He just had some really bad luck with injuries and has been playing through pain.
And as Justin Morneau has shown, it's very tough to come back 100% after a severe concussion.

WaxPax

$15M+ per year with a 3 year avg. of .234 8HR 41RBI ....Call it bad luck or what ever you want, he still has to go.....

In Bay's defense, he was never really healthy.
On separate occasions, he suffered a concussion, a broken rib and had another rib injury.
Playing with sore ribs makes it almost impossible to swing a bat effectively.
So it's not like Bay suddenly just sucked when he came to the Mets. He just had some really bad luck with injuries and has been playing through pain.
And as Justin Morneau has shown, it's very tough to come back 100% after a severe concussion.

Members online

Latest posts