Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Live Case Break Suggestions - Working on Doing Live Case Breaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedmasterp

Nov 5, 2012
Baltimore, MD
Going to be doing my first live case break this week, but hope to do many more in the future. I only collect Orioles, but love opening wax. My solution, sell all the other team slots, and keep the Orioles. We'll see how it goes, I'm just getting started with this idea. I've broke quite a few cases over the past year, but never taped them or sold slots. One day I'll hopefully get approved to do them on here as well.

The only things I've established for sure so far is:

*The camera will be to the side, so that the case, boxes, hands are in view at all times
*Each pack will be moved right in front of the camera so that the viewers see the cards up close the same time I do

If you could provide an beneificail input in the follow areas it would be appreciated:

*BlogTv or Ustream and why?
*Links to videos that you think are good examples
*Comments on the expected commentary, do you want all the names read, is just showing the card enough, do you want to hear smart a$$ comments, or just stick to the business of opening
*Timing: How long do you expect it to take someone to rip a case. My wife and I did a practice run with 2 boxes and we finished in about 10 minutes. Is about an hour a reasonable amount of time for 1 case?
*Anything else I'm missing that I may not have thought about.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I generally don't like dealing with breakers who are not part of a community.

I will really only deal with people who use the same channels I do to talk about the hobby because I feel more connected to the person doing the breaking and I build up some trust.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Well, there are a million places you go to watch live breaks. I would first suggest watching 5-10 of them to get an idea of what you like, don't like, etc. There is a ton of competition out there now a days, so good luck.

Skrip

speedmasterp

Nov 5, 2012
Baltimore, MD
The fact that there are so many is what led to me what to post this. I have a general idea of what I like, just thought some people might have some input I hadn't thought of.

I'm not too concerned about competition b/c I don't plan on making a business out of it. If I can keep the Orioles and break even on the case then I would be happy. Obviously if I can make a buck or two doing it sometimes I'm not going to turn down the extra funds.

I've been looking into being a part of group breaks for a while now, the issue I keep running into is the RANDOM part. I don't want random, if I want random i'll just buy my own case haha. I WANT ORIOLES!! But in doing that I also want to make sure customers are satisfied. I know it'll take some time to build a reputation, but since this is my hobby, I have time.

The beak I recently sold on eBay, I sold 29 team (excluding O's) and I'll be out of pocket $100. O's typically go for around 30-40, so I'll just call the other $60 a learning curve.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Checked your Ebay fb, you have been a busy seller the last year. Lots of $1 sales. Great fb though. Just one question: why so many private listings?

It's just seems that there has been a huge increase in the amount of case breakers on the net. Is it a fad? Yes. It's a hustler's dream. Good luck going forward.

speedmasterp

Nov 5, 2012
Baltimore, MD
Checked your Ebay fb, you have been a busy seller the last year. Lots of $1 sales. Great fb though. Just one question: why so many private listings?

It's just seems that there has been a huge increase in the amount of case breakers on the net. Is it a fad? Yes. It's a hustler's dream. Good luck going forward.

Honestly, the private listings were b/c I accidently clicked a setting in turbolister that made the all private at one point. Then when I used those files as examples for my future listings those came up as private. It took me a while to figure it out, but I got it all squared away.

I started doing the cheap listing when eBay started offering free listings. Using turbolister I can get a few hundred items listed in just a couple hours. The only tough part was making a cheatsheet to map the turbolister to where the pics are stored. Once I figured that out it became a quick process.

I thought more people would buy multiple and take advantage of the shipping discount. Little did I know i would be mailing out hundreds of .50-$1 cards. LIVE AND LEARN. Anything cheap I have left over at the end of this month is going to be bundled up into Team Lots and hopefully cleared out by December. I'm hoping to clear out all my old stuff and become more current.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts