Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

People In NY/NJ - Delays In Receiving Mail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I just received a message on from a buyer in NJ who purchased an expensive card from me, saying he had yet to receive it. At first I thought it was another case of someone missing/not receiving a slip that they missed a package, but sure enough, when I checked the tracking#, the last scan was the day I mailed the item. I mailed it on the 29th, so it should of course be there by now...under normal circumstances. So, have people here that bought items in/around this timeframe had any items take extra long, or simply not arrive yet?

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Hurricane Sandy? I won something the day before the hurricane hit from a seller somewhere in NY and his post office didn't open until this past Friday.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Hurricane Sandy? I won something the day before the hurricane hit from a seller somewhere in NY and his post office didn't open until this past Friday.

Yeah, I'm thinking Sandy is the culprit here, but it's always nerve-racking when you have a situation where a package is kinda just out there and you're not sure where it is. My buyer is right outside of NYC it looks like.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Yeah, I'm thinking Sandy is the culprit here, but it's always nerve-racking when you have a situation where a package is kinda just out there and you're not sure where it is. My buyer is right outside of NYC it looks like.

Yeah, I would feel worried about it too if I was in your shoes. I'd give it a little more time and see what happens. Any way you can figure out the local post office to the buyer and check out the status of the area?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Yeah, I would feel worried about it too if I was in your shoes. I'd give it a little more time and see what happens. Any way you can figure out the local post office to the buyer and check out the status of the area?

I just looked up the post offices in their area and will likely call tomorrow. I'd think the package stands a good chance of getting there, I just hope the buyer is patient.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Happened to me with a buyer in cal last week.

The po by me was closed today due to another storm.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Im here in South jersey and I am holding off buy/selling for a while till all the post offices and towns clear up a bit...

Members online

Latest posts